PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new car, need some advice

lowrd03vr6
02-21-2013, 06:53 PM
So as the title states, I just bought a 2012 Toyota Camry. I want some advice on products to use to protect the exterior and interior of the car. The inside is leather with cloth inserts. what products should I use to best protect the seats, dash, and carpeted floors? I prefer a product that does not create a high gloss.

The outside of the car is surprisingly in great shape. Very little to no swirls or visible imperfections. The color of the car is "blizzard pearl" basically just a pearl white. I want to put something on the paint to protect it. I will be doing this by hand. What products and applicators should I use to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

CM8 6MT
02-21-2013, 07:02 PM
A product I personally use to clean the inside of my interior leather car is Mother's VLR. It cleans really well, works on Vinyl, Leather & Rubber and will leave a matte finish.

You can use better & stronger dedicated leather cleaners, but IMO VLR works great for an "all purpose" quick interior cleaner.

As far as exterior since your paint is basically new, I recommend getting an AIO. Theres many brands of AIO's you can get, Mother's, Pinnacle, Klasse, the list goes on.

Find a brand you like and go from there.

Colosoccer15
02-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Congrats on your new car!!! It is important to protect your investment for the future. As for products to use I recommend easy application products since you will be doing it by hand and no paint correction. I would first clay the car to remove contaminants embedded in the paint (meguiars clay bar). You will need an easy on/off product for paint protection so you don't lose your arm, in which case I would recommend Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant. As for trim and interior vinyl/rubber I would go with 303 aerospace protectant. The upholstery can be easily protected with 303 fabric guard or scotchguard. There are many more steps that can be taken, but these are basic. You can always just get a porter cable and open a whole other can of worms

509IS350
02-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Congrats on your new car. This may help.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html

vegas911gts
02-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Clay bar your car and polish any swirls and scratches that may be present. Just because a car is new, doesn't mean that the paint is perfect. If you want to put on a bra, do so immediately before you get dings from flying rocks. Iron X might be a good idea too.

Johny B
02-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Clay bar your car and polish any swirls and scratches that may be present. Just because a car is new, doesn't mean that the paint is perfect. If you want to put on a bra, do so immediately before you get dings from flying rocks. Iron X might be a good idea too.

:iagree: