PDA

View Full Version : A Detailers Lifestyle*

Pages : [1] 2

ktchristman33
02-21-2013, 01:53 PM
I think it's safe to say that society would classify detailers as "anal retentive", does this trait transfer over to the rest of your lives? (I.e.-- mowing the yard, projects around the house, cleaning dishes, ect). I often find myself spending way too much time trying to perfect other activities that I definitely should not worry about, ha.
What about the rest of the AG community? (This is just a general discussion, feel free to speak your thoughts!)

FUNX650
02-21-2013, 02:16 PM
I think it's safe to say that society would classify detailers as "anal retentive"

I've also heard some "societal institutions" classify detailers as:
............Glorified Shoe-Shine Boys............

That's when I'm known, to want to start: "Kickin' Some Anal"...So to say!!

Bob

runrun411
02-21-2013, 02:19 PM
I think it's safe to say that society would classify detailers as "anal retentive", does this trait transfer over to the rest of your lives? (I.e.-- mowing the yard, projects around the house, cleaning dishes, ect). I often find myself spending way too much time trying to perfect other activities that I definitely should not worry about, ha.
What about the rest of the AG community? (This is just a general discussion, feel free to speak your thoughts!)

Indeed. I find myself folding bounty towels in 4 sections when I help my wife around the house.

If I find myself folding the wash towel that way in the shower I'll go get therapy.

ktchristman33
02-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Haha I hear ya! I like the "take a step back" approach and think to myself "nah nah nah. Call me what ya want, but my car is cleaners than yours". It's kind of ashame so many people walk around oblivious to the small details in life, if you know what I mean.

runrun411
02-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Haha I hear ya! I like the "take a step back" approach and think to myself "nah nah nah. Call me what ya want, but my car is cleaners than yours". It's kind of ashame so many people walk around oblivious to the small details in life, if you know what I mean.

Have you started noticing every single car's swirl marks yet?

ktchristman33
02-21-2013, 02:37 PM

Negative, I'm not quite that deep yet. I bet it irks ya to the core! I take it this is what goes through your head when you walk through a parking lot>> :pc7424:

BrutalNoodle
02-21-2013, 02:44 PM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7ezd9k6FA]As Good As It Gets - Melvin Psychiatrists Office - YouTube[/video]

There is NO HELP.

james51381
02-21-2013, 05:18 PM
What I have learned here on the forums and from detailing has spilled over to home life. My wife is happy to say the least. Folding up 2 mf towels to dust furniture, one to spread the pledge to and one to buff off. I use the steamer for grout work, the pc for polishing the cook top, and the gg 3 inch to polish my good cookware.
The biggest detailing thing I now use in home life and my 9-5 is 'slow down to speed up'.

Btw... Wife loves that I'm doing 'laundry'... Little does she know, they are just my mf towels.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Dr_Pain
02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Indeed. I find myself folding bounty towels in 4 sections when I help my wife around the house.

If I find myself folding the wash towel that way in the shower I'll go get therapy.

:doh: and I thought I was the only one

runrun411
02-21-2013, 07:30 PM
What I have learned here on the forums and from detailing has spilled over to home life. My wife is happy to say the least. Folding up 2 mf towels to dust furniture, one to spread the pledge to and one to buff off. I use the steamer for grout work, the pc for polishing the cook top, and the gg 3 inch to polish my good cookware.
The biggest detailing thing I now use in home life and my 9-5 is 'slow down to speed up'.

Btw... Wife loves that I'm doing 'laundry'... Little does she know, they are just my mf towels.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Me too, my wife says she never seen me do so much laundry.

runrun411
02-21-2013, 07:32 PM
:doh: And i thought i was the only one

lol

hoyt66
02-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Always have been. Found detailing (at an AG level anyway) later in life and fit right in.

BlkHemiLTD
02-21-2013, 09:10 PM

I point other cars swirl marks out to my wife a lot, she just rolls her eyes.

TH3M B0N3Z
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM

I analyze paint on cars so much now. I'm always looking at the new cars at work to see the terrible "detail" jobs they do at work.

CM8 6MT
02-21-2013, 09:14 PM
I point other cars swirl marks out to my wife a lot, she just rolls her eyes.

^ LoL