PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Glass

FLMike
05-25-2006, 08:18 AM
The Glass on my wifes Volvo has huge water spots (acid rain?)...nothing will take them out....can I use clay to remove these? Is there a product I can use w/ the PC?

BritOn2wheels
05-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Yes you can clay glass, but first try DP Krystal Vision. Stuff is pure Magic!

Surfer
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
I had some hard water spots I couldn't get off. I had to use #0000 Steel Wool and some AIO to remove, especially if they are etched in. I have some DP Glass Restorer that's supposed to work good as well but haven't tried it yet, pry will this weekend. I also used some AIO on a custom 4" orange pad from Edge.

Clay basically won't do anything unless the waterspots are kinda fresh. Vinegar and steel wool pad seemed to work a little, but must have been some kinda of chemical reaction b/c the steel wool started turning to rust/dusting some red crap like crazy lol.

Meghan
05-25-2006, 09:27 AM
DP Glass Restorer is awesome, works great with the spot buff and a light cutting pad too~!

Surfer
05-25-2006, 09:29 AM
DP Glass Restorer is awesome, works great with the spot buff and a light cutting pad too~!I'm gonna try it this weekend if it doesn't rain, was just pouring here a few minutes ago. AIO worked but seems the layer it leaves, when the wipers are on, a streak/haze mark appears and dissapears with each swipe which is very annoying lol. But the water beaded so good the other day in the rain, I just left the wipers off :D

FLMike
05-25-2006, 09:32 AM
AIO= ????
Quick somebody sign me up for the decoder ring!

Surfer
05-25-2006, 09:38 AM
AIO= ????
Quick somebody sign me up for the decoder ring!Klasse All In One, can ne used for damn near anything. Cleaning auto glass, prepping paint after polishing, protecting trim, bathroom glass etc.

FLMike
05-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks everyone...I now have several things to try.

btw/ I purchased my PC here a couple months back...I've really spruced up my '94 boat, '00 sea-doo, '00 PU truck, '97 MC, '00 Volvo (except the glass)...I'm getting better with each vehicle...next up are 6 early 90's work vans, my daughters Eclipse, and a friends newly painted (but needs work) Vette...I also used it to remove the traces of lettering from a van...

BILL
05-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Klasse All In One, can ne used for damn near anything. Cleaning auto glass, prepping paint after polishing, protecting trim, bathroom glass etc.

Interesting.....AIO for windshield? wont it leave a film on the glass in conflict with the wipers??:confused:

Meghan
05-25-2006, 12:02 PM
AIO= ????
Quick somebody sign me up for the decoder ring!
Mike there is a decoder ring chart on the forum, one of the guys was nice enough to list them. Just do a search, you can print it out for your future reference, I have been a detail addict and car care employee for a few years and I still need help sometimes. :o

Surfer
05-25-2006, 12:08 PM
I still need help sometimes. :oBut that's b/c you wear flipflops which lower brain activity :D

Meghan
05-25-2006, 01:13 PM
But that's b/c you wear flipflops which lower brain activity :D
Ouch, that wasn't nice :p
I actually have shoes on today!!! :applause: