PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang vs. Blackfire Pad Cleaner

WRXINXS
02-20-2013, 07:54 PM
To those that have experience with these products I was wondering which one is better.

Wolfgang Pad Cleaner
Wolfgang Pad Cleaner and Extender
Blackfire Pad Cleaner

I think I heard that WG cleaner was stronger than the cleaner and extender. Do I need an extender/conditioner for my pads? Or would just a straight cleaner be ok?

BTW I know the Pinnacle is on sale but was looking to try a new product because I have already gone through a bottle of pinnacle.

Drew

Colinpd137
02-20-2013, 08:03 PM
I tried both actually, and in my opinion the blackfire seems to clean a bit better. I don't know how the "extender" does anything in WGs. Never noticed any difference after reuse (cleaned and misted with it them stored)

Sent from my ADR6350 using AG Online

swanicyouth
02-20-2013, 08:03 PM
I have both. I have the Wolfgang version that is the "pad cleaner and extender" they recommend you spray it on your pads after they are clean. I've never used it that way though.

Honestly, I like the Blackfire better. I think it cleans better and surely it sucks every last drop of moisture out of your hands if you use it and don't wear gloves. It's a very good product.

However, they both are rather costly. I've found you can get almost identical results if you buy the powdered Wolfgang/DP/Snappy pad cleaner, and dissolve a 1 ounce scoop in a 32 oz spray bottle filled with water.

Then you can use it like either product your questioning for a fraction of the cost. It works well on polishes, etc...

However, the only thing I've found that can remove waxes/sealants/tire dressings from pads/applicators 100% is mineral spirits mixed with IPA(50/50). Soak your pad(a) overnight, then wring/twist pad in that - and rinse very well. All LSP will be removed.

WRXINXS
02-20-2013, 08:59 PM
I tried both actually, and in my opinion the blackfire seems to clean a bit better. I don't know how the "extender" does anything in WGs. Never noticed any difference after reuse (cleaned and misted with it them stored)

You used the WG Cleaner or Cleaner & Extender?

Colinpd137
02-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Cleaner and extender

WRXINXS
02-20-2013, 09:01 PM
I have both. I have the Wolfgang version that is the "pad cleaner and extender" they recommend you spray it on your pads after they are clean. I've never used it that way though.

Honestly, I like the Blackfire better. I think it cleans better and surely it sucks every last drop of moisture out of your hands if you use it and don't wear gloves. It's a very good product.

However, they both are rather costly. I've found you can get almost identical results if you buy the powdered Wolfgang/DP/Snappy pad cleaner, and dissolve a 1 ounce scoop in a 32 oz spray bottle filled with water.

Then you can use it like either product your questioning for a fraction of the cost. It works well on polishes, etc...

However, the only thing I've found that can remove waxes/sealants/tire dressings from pads/applicators 100% is mineral spirits mixed with IPA(50/50). Soak your pad(a) overnight, then wring/twist pad in that - and rinse very well. All LSP will be removed.

Wow, I never thought to do that with the cleaner powder. Nice tip! And sounds like the BF is really good just expensive. No problem here because It takes me a long time to go through a bottle of cleaner. I only do 3 or 4 corrections per year.

Johny B
02-20-2013, 09:12 PM

:iagree:

WRXINXS
02-21-2013, 11:24 AM
If i get the WG pad cleaner should I also get the cleaner and extender so I can get most of the residue out with the cleaner and follow it up with the cleaner and extender to remove the rest and "rejuvinate" the pad? Does the extender really do anything special or should I just use a straight cleaner?

WRXINXS
02-22-2013, 08:31 AM
If i get the WG pad cleaner should I also get the cleaner and extender so I can get most of the residue out with the cleaner and follow it up with the cleaner and extender to remove the rest and "rejuvinate" the pad? Does the extender really do anything special or should I just use a straight cleaner?

Anyone? Is the rejuvinater/cleaner really worth it or do you guys just use straight cleaner?