PDA

View Full Version : In the meantime...

fdesalvo
02-20-2013, 06:09 PM
My order just shipped from AG and it's due to arrive in 7 days - I feel so impatient! I just bought this new Mustang and there's no way in hell I'm going to go that long without washing it and putting some type of protective layer on it. Here's what I have and what I've ordered:

Have:
Danase Wet Glaze 2.0
Zaino Z2 Polish
Zaino Z8 Grande Finale Spray

Ordered:
1 PIN-312 - 8 oz. Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax
1 COBRA-WW2040 - 20x40 The Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave
1 COBRA-2400G - Cobra Gold Plush Microfiber Combo
3 CCS-APP - 2 Qty CCS Red Wax/Sealant Applicator Pads
1 WG-1000 - 16 oz. Wolfgang Auto Bathe
1 GG-5G-RED - 5 Gallon Professional Wash Bucket w/Grit G
1 DTB-100-WG - Detailer's Bag
1 CP-179 - 500 g. CarPro Iron X Paste

Should I just wash her and Give her a little coat of DWG2.0? Waiting is killing me and I want to get this puppy cleaned up and protected. I planned on doing 2 layers of DWG2.0 followed by 2 layers of Pinnacle Souveran after the wash and Iron-x.

Thanks in advance!

ScottB
02-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Wash her, and pickup a claybar locally ....

fdesalvo
02-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks brothah.

Chris@AutoCleanse
02-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Add another bucket, so you can use the 2 bucket wash method, to prevent swirls and scrathing, just a thought.

fdesalvo
02-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Add another bucket, so you can use the 2 bucket wash method, to prevent swirls and scrathing, just a thought.

Ayyyy, whassamattayou? (Half Italian here)

My plan was to keep a load of MF towels inside of the single bucket and use one at a time, folding in quarters. When all sides are dirty, grab another. The bucket would have nothing but clean water/soap the entire time.

hoyt66
02-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Ayyyy, whassamattyou? (Half Italian here)

My plan was to keep a load of MF towels inside of the single bucket and use one at a time, folding in quarters. When all sides are dirty, grab another. The bucket would have nothing but clean water/soap the entire time.

Get the xtra bucket and a good wash mit. The 2 bucket wash method is close to fool proof. Don't leave it to chance. :dblthumb2:

Johny B
02-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Get the xtra bucket and a good wash mit. The 2 bucket wash method is close to fool proof. Don't leave it to chance. :dblthumb2:

:iagree:

runrun411
02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
My order just shipped from AG and it's due to arrive in 7 days - I feel so impatient! I just bought this new Mustang and there's no way in hell I'm going to go that long without washing it and putting some type of protective layer on it. Here's what I have and what I've ordered:

Have:
Danase Wet Glaze 2.0
Zaino Z2 Polish
Zaino Z8 Grande Finale Spray

Ordered:
1 PIN-312 - 8 oz. Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax
1 COBRA-WW2040 - 20x40 The Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave
1 COBRA-2400G - Cobra Gold Plush Microfiber Combo
3 CCS-APP - 2 Qty CCS Red Wax/Sealant Applicator Pads
1 WG-1000 - 16 oz. Wolfgang Auto Bathe
1 GG-5G-RED - 5 Gallon Professional Wash Bucket w/Grit G
1 DTB-100-WG - Detailer's Bag
1 CP-179 - 500 g. CarPro Iron X Paste

Should I just wash her and Give her a little coat of DWG2.0? Waiting is killing me and I want to get this puppy cleaned up and protected. I planned on doing 2 layers of DWG2.0 followed by 2 layers of Pinnacle Souveran after the wash and Iron-x.

Thanks in advance!

That is so funny. You sound just like me when i'm waiting for an order. I definately understand. Just try to get some sleep. don't worry, santa will soon be here. LOL

BTW go and protect your baby.

fdesalvo
02-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Gah! It's easy to be crazy, right? Finally have a chance to start from ground zero!

fdesalvo
02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Pepboys has a special - spend $25 on wash supplies and you get a nice 5 gal bucket - I picked up some Megs #26, Clay Magic, Megs Gold Class Shampoo/Wash, Mothers Tire/Wheel cleaner, and a variety of Peak Microfiber towels for drying and buffing - all OTC goodies to help me protect the car while I wait for my AG order to arrive.

CM8 6MT
02-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Pepboys has a special - spend $25 on wash supplies and you get a nice 5 gal bucket - I picked up some Megs #26, Clay Magic, Megs Gold Class Shampoo/Wash, Mothers Tire/Wheel cleaner, and a variety of Peak Microfiber towels for drying and buffing - all OTC goodies to help me protect the car while I wait for my AG order to arrive.

Is it that RED pepboys bucket? Be aware that a standard Grit Guard wont fit into one of those. The top lip of the bucket is fine, however the bottom base of the bucket is alot narrower and your grit guard wont go all the way down....IF your planning on using it for that purpose of course.

swanicyouth
02-21-2013, 09:20 PM
WG 2.0 is an acrylic based glaze, it should offer enough protection to get you by. PB bucket is no good. The ACE Hardware one is use fits a GG perfectly.

fdesalvo
02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Points taken about these buckets, but my GGs are arriving along with the rest of my order. I have one AG bucket em route with that. Wondering if I can still use the two bucket method despite this. The car is only mildly dusty. I was testing the WG2.0 on my guitar and it turned out beautifully. Stoked to see this car with the WG2.0 topped with Souveran.

Thanks, guys. Love this place.

CM8 6MT
02-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Points taken about these buckets, but my GGs are arriving along with the rest of my order. I have one AG bucket em route with that. Wondering if I can still use the two bucket method despite this. The car is only mildly dusty. I was testing the WG2.0 on my guitar and it turned out beautifully. Stoked to see this car with the WG2.0 topped with Souveran.

Thanks, guys. Love this place.

I use that Red pepboys bucket as a "wash container" when pre-soaking my Pads & MF towels in Wolfgang Pad Rejuvenator.