PDA

View Full Version : what chemicals/materials should i buy

dctv411
02-19-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm just starting out my detailing business, and I have about a 550 dollar budget. I've read that it's better to start with production detail instead of trying to do show car detailing like you want to. So I want to know what chemicals, brushes, and materials I should have, like dressings, degreasers, sealants, and wash mitts and what not. I know we're not supposed to mention other brands but i'm looking at rightlook because it's alot easier to navigate the menus and what not, so if you can tell me specifics from that website it would be fantastic.

BobbyG
02-19-2013, 02:45 PM
These are quality products that won't empty your wallet...

Wash - Duragloss #901
Clay - Meguiar's
Compound - Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
Polish - Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
Finishing Polish - Menzerna SF-4000
Sealant - Duragloss #111
Wax - Collinite 845
Spray Wax - Optimum Car Wax
Tire Cleaner - Meguiar's Super Degreaser
Wheel Cleaner - PoorBoy's World Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner
Tire Treatment - CarPro PERL
Wheel Protectant - Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0
Trim Protectant - CarPro PERL
All Purpose Cleaner - Optimum Power Clean
Glass Cleaner - Meguiar's Glass Cleaner
Glass Treatment - Aquapel
Interior Protectant - Meguiar's M40
Wheel Brush - Daytona Speed Master

MikeN
02-19-2013, 02:53 PM
First thing I would suggest is take a step by step approach. 1st figure out what services you are looking to offer then get your product to match. With a low budget you are going to want to think cost effective. Megs has allot of different products that will help get you started and some are even available at your local auto store so that will help in shipping.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

rider9195
02-19-2013, 04:06 PM
I agree with both Mike and Bobby. Definitely figure out what services you are looking to provide.

The list Bobby provided won't break the bank, and many of those products have more than one use.