PDA

View Full Version : pre wax prep or wax stripping products

vegas911gts
02-19-2013, 02:35 PM
What do you use for stripping off old wax and sealant? I usually use cg citrus wash and gloss 1 oz per gallon as it says on the label, but was wondering if there's anything else I should try like griot's paint prep or swissvax cleaning fluid.

I just ordered one of the last pots of swissvax insignis v3 available in the world and I really want to make sure I do it right before using this wax on my car. I hear that this wax is incredible and worth every penny.

psynx
02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
i use GG paint prep and also opti eraser works well.

Jrocket
02-19-2013, 02:52 PM
i use GG paint prep and also opti eraser works well.

I use the GG PAINT PREP AS WELL

DaHen
02-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Use Griot's Garage Paint Prep here as well.

swanicyouth
02-19-2013, 03:03 PM
If I was using a SwissVax wax, I would want to use Cleaner Fluid.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
If I was using a SwissVax wax, I would want to use Cleaner Fluid.

+1. I wouldnt use any other product besides a product that was designed for use with Swissvax wax.

Klasse Act
02-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Griot's has a paint prep that's supposed to clean everything off, I used it once just to see and it did a very good job.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

vegas911gts
02-19-2013, 03:23 PM
+1. I wouldnt use any other product besides a product that was designed for use with Swissvax wax.

Good point.

Do you still want those new unused optimum mf pads I got, but don't need? If so drop me a PM and I'll give you my address. I'm almost always home.

rider9195
02-19-2013, 04:09 PM
I use a dedicated chemical cleaning polish such as Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish or Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer. I apply both with a either a black or green Lake Country pad on my PC7424XP mainly using speed 4.

Shortspark
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
I use CG Citrus Clear shampoo at the stripping recommendation which, if I recall correctly, is one ounce per gal. Then I clay and follow that with a good polish and paint prep such as P21S Paintwork Cleanser (I use a polishing pad on my Griot electric polisher). It should be ready for anything after that.

vegas911gts
02-20-2013, 02:04 AM
I guess this is my plan.

1) wash with cg citrus wash and gloss
2) clay
3) wash away clay residue with cg citrus wash and gloss
4) SV cleaner fluid
5) SV insignis V3 1 or 2 coats
6) profit

psynx
02-20-2013, 02:16 AM
I guess this is my plan.

1) wash with cg citrus wash and gloss
2) clay
3) wash away clay residue with cg citrus wash and gloss
4) SV cleaner fluid
5) SV insignis V3 1 or 2 coats
6) profit

Sounds perfect. That was a good point about using sv cleaner fluid. But I wonder if using a different cleaner wax would affect the performance of insignis

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

vegas911gts
02-20-2013, 02:25 AM
Sounds perfect. That was a good point about using sv cleaner fluid. But I wonder if using a different cleaner wax would affect the performance of insignis

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

I'm not sure if it would matter if I used gg paint prep. Sometimes I think its a scam when a product says you have to use a product from their company to make sure that it works.

I was about to buy GG paint prep then decided to do as SV says. I'm already in deep with them as far as money goes with this one pot of wax so I might as well go all the way and make sure I do it right.

I have to ask Andre what exact steps he took while putting it on his car. He's the one that convinced me I needed to try a SV wax and I was thinking about glacier and concourso, but when I saw that there was a few more insignis v3 around I figured I'll go ahead and try it. I'm a sucker for anything limited edition. I hope this is as far as I go with waxes. Maybe I'll still give concourso or glacier a try down the road, but crystal rock is just way too expensive plus I got a white car.

psynx
02-21-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure if it would matter if I used gg paint prep. Sometimes I think its a scam when a product says you have to use a product from their company to make sure that it works.

I was about to buy GG paint prep then decided to do as SV says. I'm already in deep with them as far as money goes with this one pot of wax so I might as well go all the way and make sure I do it right.

I have to ask Andre what exact steps he took while putting it on his car. He's the one that convinced me I needed to try a SV wax and I was thinking about glacier and concourso, but when I saw that there was a few more insignis v3 around I figured I'll go ahead and try it. I'm a sucker for anything limited edition. I hope this is as far as I go with waxes. Maybe I'll still give concourso or glacier a try down the road, but crystal rock is just way too expensive plus I got a white car.

That's probably gonna be im most expensive wax I will purchase. Will be Glacier for my white car and gf white truck.
I hear ya on the limited editions lol I have the supernatural wood pot

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Let us know how it goes when you get the 911 finished with Swissvax.