PDA

View Full Version : I want the Flex, I need the Rupes?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

james51381
02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
The more I read about which to buy the more confused I am. I currently have a Meguiar's 110v2 and a GG 3 inch. I was a weekend warrior until Saturday when the company I worked for gave me a cargo van to detail. The company wants me to do the same to the fleet and to maintain them. 3 25 foot box trucks and 25 extended cargo vans.

Which one of these machines would be the best choice? I want to be able to correct quickly without taking all day. I would prefer to use an AIO, any suggestions for one with a good amount of cut?

Thanks everyone

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

fenderpicks
02-18-2013, 06:22 PM
i vote for rupes... simply because it is so much easier to handle than the 3401

Mike lambert
02-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Rupes and meguiars 66, great allin one works great outdoors

68bowtie
02-18-2013, 06:50 PM
I also say the rupes. THe flex was a great machine but it was hard to handle. I was more tired after doing a car using the flex.

james51381
02-18-2013, 07:47 PM
If I were to go with the Rupes, which one should I get? I have mostly 5.5 mf and foam pads. And 6.5 soft buff pads. Any recommendations on pads?

KenR
02-18-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the LHR 15 ES very soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AG Online

SonOfOC
02-18-2013, 08:09 PM
In your case, the best polisher is neither the Flex or the Rupes. The best polisher for fleet vechicles will be a rotary with a wool pad. (3) 25 foot box trucks and 25 cargo vans, probably more than half will be single stage white paint. I'd would get real comfortable with a rotary and wool pad.

The more I read about which to buy the more confused I am. I currently have a Meguiar's 110v2 and a GG 3 inch. I was a weekend warrior until Saturday when the company I worked for gave me a cargo van to detail. The company wants me to do the same to the fleet and to maintain them. 3 25 foot box trucks and 25 extended cargo vans.

Which one of these machines would be the best choice? I want to be able to correct quickly without taking all day. I would prefer to use an AIO, any suggestions for one with a good amount of cut?

Thanks everyone

james51381
02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
I was thinking of going to a polisher, but I have never used one. I have read so many posts about a large learning curve of years to use properly.

You are right about single stage, but the fleet is Marlboro red and about half have single stage.
Any advise with going this route would be appreciated

fenderpicks
02-18-2013, 09:01 PM
The rupes is by far the easiest to use, just like the porter cable
Flex on other hand is hard to control, funny how no one ever mention the cons about owning the flex until the rupes appearance.
For anyone who is looking to purchase a polisher and is thinking about the flex or rupes, I will tell u from experience the rupes will disappoint you

Chris@AutoCleanse
02-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Flex on other hand is hard to control, funny how no one ever mention the cons about owning the flex until the rupes appearance.
For anyone who is looking to purchase a polisher and is thinking about the flex or rupes, I will tell u from experience the rupes will disappoint you

Why will it disappoint if you don't mind me asking?
I own the flex and porter cable and was thinking about getting a RUPES, but just curious as to why you are saying that.

68bowtie
02-18-2013, 09:06 PM

I think you mean the rupes won't disappoint.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-18-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm selling my RUPES 21ES with or without an additional 5" backing plate. I literally used it on one panel. It's new! Awesome tool, but I could use the money instead. If anyone is interested, PM me.

BYERS DETAIL SHOP
02-18-2013, 09:54 PM
mark which is your go polisher?

fenderpicks
02-18-2013, 09:57 PM
I think you mean the rupes won't disappoint.

hahha sorry i forgot the word "NOT" my bad

TheCougarGuy
02-18-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm selling my RUPES 21ES with or without an additional 5" backing plate. I literally used it on one panel. It's new! Awesome tool, but I could use the money instead. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Uh oh, is this like the Camaro all over again???