PDA

View Full Version : Another episode of at the car wash...

runrun411
02-17-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm in the northeast (Dutchess county, NY), it's friggin cold out today and I go Through the touch less wash. I always do an ONR afterward. After going through the machine it amazes me that my car was supposed to be so clean yet it was so dirty using those so-called hi-tech machines. I don't think I'll pay again for the machine to get off to excess dirt. Maybe just hose it and then do a rinse less.

BrutalNoodle
02-18-2013, 12:01 AM
I've done a few touch less wash (maybe 7 times altogether), and have never once felt like I got my money's worth. Most of the time my vehicle was not that dirty to begin with. Nothing close to the grime of the Jag in the vid below, and definitely not remotely close to the level of cleanliness it received:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEucVVy4HoM]Canon 60D test. Jag XKR to the car wash. I hate the car wash. - YouTube[/video]

Maybe it's just bad luck, or could simply be that the universe likes Chris Harris more than yours truly.

Chris's FX4
02-18-2013, 12:08 AM
I find I get my money's worth out of automatic touchless washes. Maybe not all 100% but more than 80%. The ones I use clean pretty well. Yes there is still a layer of dirt/film on the paint afterwards, but what do you expect from a touchless? If they started using soaps that are strong enough to strip the paint off the vehicle, then I would expect my paint to be 100% clean.