PDA

View Full Version : Tried to cheat

Pages : [1] 2

wanabe detailer
02-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Tried to cheat and hide swirls today on my white 2012 Ram. Used PB White Diamond. PC on speed 4. I tried CCS red pad first, no hiding. Tried CCS black pad, no hiding. Tried CCS white pad, no hide. Just wondering why I got no hiding results. Too badly swirled?
Feed back please

ihaveacamaro
02-17-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm surprised you can even see swirls on a white car. I have the hardest time seeing them on white!

As for your question, how are you priming the pad? How much product are you using?

Can you get any pics of the swirls?

Meticulous-Detail
02-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Pics?

jjj
02-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Did you let haze?

rmagnus
02-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Tried to cheat and hide swirls today on my white 2012 Ram. Used PB White Diamond. PC on speed 4. I tried CCS red pad first, no hiding. Tried CCS black pad, no hiding. Tried CCS white pad, no hide. Just wondering why I got no hiding results. Too badly swirled?
Feed back please

CCS red & black have little chance to remove swirls. CCS white maybe but moving up to orange should do the trick for sure.

FUNX650
02-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Just wondering why I got no hiding results.
Too badly swirled?

^^^That's the most likely scenario^^^

Ofttimes the highly acclaimed "Fillers" in many 'glazes' are not able to create enough
of the: Illusions of smooth-paint...that their manufacturers/marketing-machinations
have attempted to have folks become deluded into believing/trusting them to do so.

Then again:
I understand your disappointment of: Swirl-concealment non-attainment...But:

-How much paint-gloss was gained via your PB White Diamond processes?
-Can you live with that until you perform a more robust vehicle polishing-session?

If it was me...
I'd apply an LSP and enjoy the fruits of my current-labor, for a little while.

:)

Bob

wanabe detailer
02-17-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm surprised you can even see swirls on a white car. I have the hardest time seeing them on white!

As for your question, how are you priming the pad? How much product are you using?

Can you get any pics of the swirls?
Really can't take pics too much glare from sun when dealing with white . I can see them at the right angle with sun , otherwise like you said, you can't see them. I prime pad with product and then apply as directed. I did ONRWW before and I am applying over existing LSP. Just to clarify I know I can't remove them, just trying to put off correction at this time. Looks like I might have to break out the Menzerna.

AutowerxDetailing
02-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I find it much easier to see swirls on white paint inside with my halogens or with the Brinkmann. In the sun it is too blinding sometimes!

ihaveacamaro
02-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Really can't take pics too much glare from sun when dealing with white . I can see them at the right angle with sun , otherwise like you said, you can't see them. I prime pad with product and then apply as directed. I did ONRWW before and I am applying over existing LSP. Just to clarify I know I can't remove them, just trying to put off correction at this time. Looks like I might have to break out the Menzerna.

In my experience, glazes are meant to be used before LSP :xyxthumbs:

And if you are going to be applying a glaze, I would use ONR rather than ONRWW :)

Johny B
02-17-2013, 07:08 PM

And if you are going to be applying a glaze, I would use ONR rather than ONRWW :)

:iagree:

wanabe detailer
02-17-2013, 07:13 PM
FUNX725, I tend to agree with you. I think I am expecting to much from product. Fortunately I only did a couple of test spots. As for gloss, truck already has a nice gloss so there was minimal gain. This gain did not warrant doing whole vehicle. You know just OCDing over swirls. I will start correction next weekend. Thanks for your reply!

runrun411
02-17-2013, 07:17 PM

This is just a stab in the dark (in this case white paint). The wax in ONRWW could be what went wrong. Remember onrww has a protectant built in. Next time use ONR before glazing.

wanabe detailer
02-17-2013, 07:18 PM

Ya probably could have tried ONR and maybe should have used a paint cleanser first.

wanabe detailer
02-17-2013, 07:20 PM
This is just a stab in the dark (in this case white paint). The wax in ONRWW could be what went wrong. Remember onrww has a protectant built in. Next time use ONR before glazing.

Ahh the second time ONRWW came up. Love this stuff by the way, maybe works too well haha

runrun411
02-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Ahh the second time ONRWW came up. Love this stuff by the way, maybe works too well haha

I use ONR and love it. I have ONRWW on order. I can't wait to try it and compare.