PDA

View Full Version : P21S Polishing Soap

D
05-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I used this today along with the P21S wheel cleaner. The wheel cleaner worked great. Left the wheels nice and shiny. However, the polishing soap marred up my wheels. I think the sponge that came with it cause it. Its not the softest thing. I switched to a terry applicator pad and it worked a little better, but didnt seem to be anything special to me. Maybe Im doing it wrong?

This is on Weld Draglites, polished finish. Ill post up pictures later.

Gary Sword
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
You should not use P21s Polishing Soap on wheels that have clear coat on them. It is for bare metal only.

D
05-08-2007, 05:22 PM
It says not to use it on anodized and painted wheels. I didnt even know my wheels are clear coated, how can you tell?

joe.p
05-08-2007, 05:25 PM
If there marred a little bit you can polish them out and seal'em..This way you can maintain your wheels weekly with soap and water..If there painted i would guess there also CC..

Gary Sword
05-08-2007, 05:28 PM
It says not to use it on anodized and painted wheels. I didnt even know my wheels are clear coated, how can you tell?

Most wheels today are clear coated. Rub them with a rag and a mild polish in a unnoticable spot on a wheel. If the rag turns black they are not clear coated.

ScottB
05-08-2007, 05:40 PM
I use it religiously on my uncoated wheels. It is great for removing tarnish. But you are correct, some minor scratches and the need for a good final polish to amp back up the look. I believe it contains lemon oil, which has long been associated in removing tarnish.

D
05-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Pretty sure these arent clear coated. They are racing rims. The sponge started turning a little dark.

I just tried it on my kitchen sink and it didnt really do anything?

scottgt
05-08-2007, 10:22 PM
ya...draglights arnt cleared

D
05-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Yeah, didnt think so. Well P21S polishing soap gets a 0 from me, unless Im doing it totally wrong. Ill stick to the DP wheel glaze from now on. Anyone want to trade for something? Only used it on 1 wheel and half a kitchen sink.

scottgt
05-09-2007, 01:12 AM
ill trade you wheels tehe

ScottB
05-09-2007, 06:56 AM
coat the wheels with it, allow it to sit for two minutes and wash it off. Then use a polish to bring back the shine. It helps alot in removing tarnish (the black when polishing) when used properly. No miracles in wheel care however, trust me !!

D
05-09-2007, 08:04 AM
coat the wheels with it, allow it to sit for two minutes and wash it off. Then use a polish to bring back the shine. It helps alot in removing tarnish (the black when polishing) when used properly. No miracles in wheel care however, trust me !!

Yeah, thats what Im learning. Problem is, I dont think Ill come across another set of uncoated, unpainted, and non anodized wheels.