PDA

View Full Version : Anything about permanon diamond?

HellDemon
02-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Snce it's the new VIP, I was looking for some info about it, but it's really scarce; most are about platinum. I know it's more targeted towards interior surfaces, but what about it on exterior? And any reviews on durability as well?

Thanks!

BobbyG
02-17-2013, 06:56 AM
I've not tried it but if it's intended for the interior I think that's where it should be limited to.

Setec Astronomy
02-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Bobby, it kind of says you can use it on anything, paint, trim, wheels. It's the most expensive of the Permanon products. I also have had trouble understanding what the differentiation is between Permanon Diamond, Car Supershine, and Platinum, other than the different price points.

BobbyG
02-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Bobby, it kind of says you can use it on anything, paint, trim, wheels. It's the most expensive of the Permanon products. I also have had trouble understanding what the differentiation is between Permanon Diamond, Car Supershine, and Platinum, other than the different price points.

OH OK.

I hadn't even heard of it and when it said interior I just assumed probably not on the exterior....

I agree. It's hard to tell and makes me wonder too...

Old Tiger
02-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Platinum has 40% more silica than Super Shine. Diamond is even less as it is a maintenance booster. Interior has some IPA added. Bottom line is buy platinum and dilute it more to get similar Permanon. I add 10% IPA and use on interior and it works great there too!

ScottB
02-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Old Tiger .... tell us more on interior, where and how ??

Old Tiger
02-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Old Tiger .... tell us more on interior, where and how ??
I use it everywhere interior wise. It tends to assume the finish it bonds to. If it is a satin dash, it looks satin. It has a feel like nothing else. Completely dry. I use it on leather, wood and glass. The 10% IPA really helps with the glass and cleaning leather with a little grime. I use a Kwazar bottle for interior and exterior. It will waterproof your MFs if you dont wash or soak them ASAP.