PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Tundra Keyed Last Night

Pages : [1] 2

phantom
02-16-2013, 09:32 PM
My 2010 Toyota Tundra Platinum was keyed last night. Both fenders, quarter panels, and all four doors. Down to the primer - there were fine threads of primer hanging from the scratches. I assume that this is too big of a job for Dr. Color Chip. Is there anything I can do short of a complete paint job?

BobbyG
02-16-2013, 09:39 PM
This is definitely one form of vandalism that infuriates me ..... :bash:

Take a look at this and see if it helps...

Key Repair-Step by Step Procedure (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/43535-key-repair-step-step-procedure.html)

jvs1991
02-16-2013, 09:51 PM
I feel your pain. My car was keyed last year down the passengers side twice. Honestly I was never so mad before. Happened at work too. I've made my peace with it now but it's still one of those things that's really uncalled for and is very cowardly.

Johny B
02-16-2013, 09:51 PM
This is definitely one form of vandalism that infuriates me ..... :bash:

(http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/43535-key-repair-step-step-procedure.html)
:iagree:

Lightscapes
02-16-2013, 10:01 PM
I think I would rather be kicked between the legs than having my vehicle keyed. Nothing worse.....

phantom
02-16-2013, 10:05 PM
I feel that the wet sanding/buffing if outside of my skill set as I have only used a DA Cycle and Griots. Is there anyone here on the forum - in the business - in Northern NJ/ Orange/Rockland Cty NY who could tackle this with a high probability of success?

Qusai
02-17-2013, 10:06 AM
I hope that lame gets hit with karma fast

Big Boi
02-17-2013, 10:12 AM
I agree with the link Bobby G posted. I've been practicing on his I bought from the local U-Pull-it. And that system does work. Just be patient. It's like watching paint dry.... literally, LoL

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

TundraPower
02-17-2013, 09:04 PM
That's what insurance is for my friend. Let a body shop fix it properly, then move on and enjoy working on it like you used to. Let it go.

CM8 6MT
02-17-2013, 09:53 PM
That's what insurance is for my friend. Let a body shop fix it properly, then move on and enjoy working on it like you used to. Let it go.

Pretty much. I think detailer's cars are targeted by low lifes with low incomes. They see a nice and "shiny" car and their mentallity is "lets go scratch it up" because if they cant have a nice car, why should you?

I can see if an ex wife or someone you pissed off did that to get back at you, but random vandals scratching your car for no apparent reason....I just dont understand the mentallity behind it.

BobbyG
02-18-2013, 06:31 AM

This is actually a very good point! :dblthumb2:

It sounds as if quite a bit of damage was done at a significant cost to repair. Your truck is new compared to most and having it repaired correctly is not only important to restore it's appearance but also its value...

bluegoose
02-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Dang. That's just wrong. I have a 2010 Tundra too and that would kill me. I agree with others tho, I'd have to get it fixed professionally using my insurance or I'd never be happy. Good luck. //bluegoose//

TundraPower
02-18-2013, 10:04 AM
This is actually a very good point! :dblthumb2:

It sounds as if quite a bit of damage was done at a significant cost to repair. Your truck is new compared to most and having it repaired correctly is not only important to restore it's appearance but also its value...

My wife dragged the right side of her Lexus against the garage by accident. Could I have fixed it? Maybe, but it would never be the same. I have a detailing shop, not a body shop. Major difference.

master detailer
02-18-2013, 10:15 AM
maybe she works at ford

phantom
04-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Just to keep everyone up to date: the Tundra was professionally repaired. The paint match is excellent although it has less orange peel than the factory paint. Since the damage was "vandalism" id does not count against my insurance rating.