PDA

View Full Version : CR Spotless

swanicyouth
02-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Last summer I picked up an AquaGleam De-ionizer from the UK. It worked well, but the resin is almost dead. Since there is no way to recharge this unit, I'm thinking of getting the smaller CR Spotless. As, washing in the shade isn't really an option where I live.

First off, I think its pretty crazy to spend $300 for a water filter to wash my car. However, I really haven't seen any cheaper alternatives that can be re-used and are actual de-ionizers (not water softeners).

While a water softener like the set-up AG sells would be a much cheaper alternative, my gut tells me it really wouldn't do much. I did test my water last year and I think it was 200 ppm of TDS.

So,

1. Anyone out there getting noticeable improvement in spotting using a softener system like AG sells?

2. For CR users, any complaints with their system?

Thanks.

Old Tiger
02-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Fortunately my water is very good. That being said I have considered one for the perfect rinse.

m249saw
02-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Ive been looking at one as well. My water is around 200ppm like you.

The one I want is the twin tank on the wheeled dolly.

Chris@AutoCleanse
02-16-2013, 07:33 PM
I got one and never looked back. I live in Florida where it is hot as hell and the cr spotless in my opinion is the only way to go, one of the best tools I have bought for car detaling.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-16-2013, 08:33 PM
I would never do without CR Spotless. I use it from start to finish, but it goes fairly quickly. If you use it for just the final rinse, it should last quite a while.