PDA

View Full Version : LCD Screen cleaning & Protecting?

Pages : [1] 2

rlloyd
02-16-2013, 11:36 AM
What bulk products are available for cleaning LCD screens and protecting them from fingerprints and dust?
I see on the current BOGO the Diamondite product which looks like it would be perfect. But I want something I can put into small bottles with a company label and give to customers along with a printed MF cleaning cloth for their computers and laptops.
I'll pick up some 2-4oz spray bottles and package them up. I'll probably be doing about 75-100 of them so the lower the cost the better.

Thanks for the help!
Rob

dc52nv
02-16-2013, 12:50 PM
If I read this right you want to put buy a product in bulk and then repackage it in smaller bottles as your own?

rlloyd
02-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Sort of. I want to rebottle from bulk and have my company name and logo on there (Not a detailer - IT Consulting) and give out as promos and thank you gifts for long time customers or when someone buys a new flat screen monitor or laptop. Something to keep my name near their computer.

rmagnus
02-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Nice little add on gift. Not sure what's the best product.

rlloyd
02-16-2013, 03:38 PM
How about Chemical Guys GlassWorkz Glass Cleaner with Pomegranate 128 oz? At a dilution of 1:4 that would do it and be cheap to do.
Is that safe for laptops and computer screens?

Meticulous-Detail
02-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Meg's Quick Interior Detailer. I buy it by the gallon and it can be used on every interior surface, cleans well and smells nice.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-quik-interior-detailer.html

dc52nv
02-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Megs D120 is an excellent glass cleaner and can be diluted to yield tons of sample bottles. Not sure how safe it would be on LCD screens but I'm sure it can be diluted further just to be safe.

jfelbab
02-16-2013, 04:10 PM
I also use Meg's QID on all the interiors including NAV screens. Works very well at removing smudges and leaving no glare. I buy it by the gallon too.

rlloyd
02-16-2013, 05:31 PM
What does the Meg's QID smell like? The description only says "pleasant".

Nothing on the description page of D120 mentions plastics. Not sure I'd want to chance that even diluted 20:1.

Getting closer to free shipping.... :)

Meticulous-Detail
02-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Sort of a clean and fresh scent, not overpowering and doesn't linger. Leaves a new car look and feel with no shine. I love it for a quick interior detail or maintenance.

Robert8194
02-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Muc Off glass cleaner works great but seems to have disappeared from AG

RhetoricMixes
02-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Chemical guys nonsense. Has no scent at all and can be used to clean the interior at 20:1.

neat e34
02-17-2013, 12:15 AM
For LCD TV & computer screens I suggest a mix of IPA & distilled water.

I generally mix 1:1 but to reduce costs you could probably get away with 3 parts water to 1 part IPA or slightly weaker...

Have used this on my reasonably high-end, expensive screens with no damage & it is also recommended by many home-theater stores, etc.
Most off the shelf "screen cleaners" are just this...

weekendwarrior
02-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Be careful, LCD screens are permeable, anything sprayed on them including IPA or Windex or other solutions will get through and potentially destroy the picture. Its best to label your bottles "spray small amount on microfiber cloth before wiping screen, do NOT spray directly onto screen", just a thought. IPA water mix is best bet, make it very weak.

BillE
02-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Be careful, LCD screens are permeable, anything sprayed on them including IPA or Windex or other solutions will get through and potentially destroy the picture. Its best to label your bottles "spray small amount on microfiber cloth before wiping screen, do NOT spray directly onto screen", just a thought. IPA water mix is best bet, make it very weak.

That I did NOT know! Thank you for the heads up...

Bill