PDA

View Full Version : Just recieved my new rupes 21.

Pages : [1] 2 3

68bowtie
02-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Well i sold my flex 3401 last weekend in 20min and decided to jump on the band wagon with a new rupes. I never tried one but did research for a month on it and figured why not. NOw i really liked the correction of the flex, it was a lot better then the griots polisher i had. THe problem with the flex was it seemed heavy and it was more work to use it. Everytime i did a car my shoulder was sore and i felt like i was fighting it the whole time. I have a bad back and shoulder so this is why i decided to go with the rupes. Upon first inspection its a well built machine just as good as the flex. It felt lighter and just felt better in my hands. Its 20 in wi so i really couldn't do a good test with it yet. I tried it on the roof of my 08 impala that had a lot of swirls and rids. I started with a white hybrid pad and the optimum hyper spray but that wasn't agressive enough. I next went with a meguirers microfiber cutting pad with the d300. THis did the trick and it was nice not to have to put too much pressure down on the front and not have to fight it. THis combo easily took everything out. I was very impressed with how easy it was, it didn't feel like work. Next i put a ccs pad on with some blackfire gloss enhancing polish and hit the hood of my 68 chevelle. I wanted to see how it would work on a curved hood. I have a 2in cowl hood on it. It was so easy to use on it a lot more then fighting with the flex on the curves. All in all i'm happy with the purchase. I used it first without the kb spacer. I was able to slow it down with pressure but once i made a washer to fit on it you could put a lot of pressure on it and it would hardly slow down a little. The only thing i was a little disappointed with is it vibrated a little more then i thought it would. Of course i wasn't using the rupes pads. It was probably on par with the flex.

ihaveacamaro
02-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks for your first impressions :)

Btw, I've been trying to sell my PC to help buy the Rupes. How did you sell yours so quickly?

Wheelzntoys
02-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks for review....pictures?

Rsurfer
02-15-2013, 01:43 PM
We'll see..Germans vrs. Italians. Dunno

68bowtie
02-15-2013, 01:44 PM

I dont think it will be a issue. THey both make good stuff and anyone could have a problem with something no matter who makes it.

BrutalNoodle
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
You mentioned vibration - how does it compared to your old Flex?

If you didn't have a bad back, do you think it's worth the lost you took on the switch? Sorry, if that came off like a loaded question.

One thing I can say about the PC...man, it buzzes you up good. Reminds me of a Rotax single I rode years ago.

Rsurfer
02-15-2013, 03:08 PM
I dont think it will be a issue. THey both make good stuff and anyone could have a problem with something no matter who makes it.
Do you know that for a fact? Do you own a Rupes tool?

ihaveacamaro
02-15-2013, 04:26 PM

ummm this is his thread.... about just getting a Rupes tool... :xyxthumbs:

68bowtie
02-15-2013, 04:51 PM

No im just going on how the tool seems to be built. U could by any brand of polisher or car for that matter and have problems. Its a chance u take with anything u buy. They have a great rep for the tools they build and they have been around a long time.

Nick McKees37
02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
**Ahem**

:postpics:

:D

Marc08EX
02-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Nice review of the Rupes!! Thanks for sharing!

68bowtie
02-15-2013, 05:18 PM

I take it u must own a flex. If so I've seen and heard of plenty of ppl that have had problems with them. U just never know.

68bowtie
02-15-2013, 11:51 PM
You mentioned vibration - how does it compared to your old Flex?

If you didn't have a bad back, do you think it's worth the lost you took on the switch? Sorry, if that came off like a loaded question.

One thing I can say about the PC...man, it buzzes you up good. Reminds me of a Rotax single I rode years ago.

Vibration is about the same as the flex. I really like the feel of the rupes. IT just feels great in your hand. I don't know about the loss on selling the flex. We'll have to see the more i use it, but so far its great. I might do a polish job on the impala later in the week if the weather gets better. I lost $80 on the flex after having it for 8m so i don't think that was too bad.

Joelotto
02-16-2013, 03:15 AM

BMW V's Lambo I'll take the Lamborghini Im the MAN

vegas911gts
02-17-2013, 09:08 AM
BMW V's Lambo I'll take the Lamborghini Im the MAN

And I'll take a Porsche 918 Spyder over any Ferrari or Lamborghini.