PDA

View Full Version : Well this is friggen great

Pages : [1] 2

Surfer
05-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Get a letter from Palm Beach today...apparently my business is not allowed in the building I operate in. Everything was fine when I signed the lease last year, they said it was a glitch nd they should have noticed beforehand. So we went to City Hall to pull zoning ordinances, and apparently the huge area I'm in is zoned LIRP (light industrial research park). Now regular Industrial Zoning is specific to warehouses etc. Their telling us no financial, insurance, or Real Estate company etc is allowed in an Light Industrial or Industrial Area...well then, you better tell the other 500 businesses in my building that are mostly all financial, insurance, real estate etc:rolleyes: . Basically any type of company that has or can have walk in traffic is not allowed, well that eliminates that whole 7 story building pretty much. I gave them names of companies on my floor alone....nope their not allowed...nope their not allowed...nope their not allowed...

This is crazy, right when we were looking into a section of our floor to expand to larger offices. I have 3 main Commercial projects in right now, that if this crap screws anything up...I just lost over 60K in revenue alone not counting other stuff. We've been at the building since last summer and now they says this, what about everyone else in there? And I need to renew the business tax receipt and now they won't.

Oh this is going to be a fun day tomorrow:mad:

scottgt
05-08-2007, 12:09 AM
wow...thats shocking....very interesting...take it to good ol' bush ;)

Surfer
05-08-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm so pissed right now I can't even sleep, I wanna find whatever idiot did the zoning and donkey punch him:mad:

Oh yeh, apparently other stuff like hotels etc can't be there or any company unless its your HQ. Well theres an Embassey suites hotel and Double Tree right next door, neither are HQ's for them. ###.....

Jimmie
05-08-2007, 12:37 AM
They have to realize that there little glitch is going to cost you big bucks unless they give you some time, and a lot of it. May be time to march on city hall and tell some higher-ups that you'd really like to negotiate this reasonably and without counsel. Just a thought. What do you think about your options?
Anyone would be upset with their approach.
PS: You're up late. Understand why.

Nica
05-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Man that really sucks Surfer. I get involved with re-zoning properties and you would be amazed how easy it is to re-zone land if you know the right people. Sounds to me like that little "glitch" will need to be relaxed because to move a bunch of existing businesses is not very realistic. I'm sure if the buildings/businesses unify the "glitch" may go away. I deal with issues such as these on a daily basis (one form or another) and I'm always dealing with the City's mistake and of course they always try to push the City's mistakes on to businesses/residential development.

Hope all works out for you Surfer, keep us posted. I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

ScottB
05-08-2007, 09:13 AM
life is much to short to worry, it is a fork in the road to better things. Keep positive !

07SteedaQ335
05-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm so pissed right now I can't even sleep, I wanna find whatever idiot did the zoning and donkey punch him:mad:

Oh yeh, apparently other stuff like hotels etc can't be there or any company unless its your HQ. Well theres an Embassey suites hotel and Double Tree right next door, neither are HQ's for them. ###.....

Eeew you said "Donkey Punch"......Ummm..

Anyways that sucks man, I hope things get better. Check out springs plenty of new buildings going up in CS Park.

Russecu
05-08-2007, 11:10 AM

Can you make that place your HQ? Just looking for holes that you could use to stay. What about the owner of the building you are in? I am sure he doesn't want all those businesses moving out. Get them involved too.

bambo2888
05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Let's go look for trouble tonight, perhaps with those responsible for zoning...?

Gary Sword
05-08-2007, 11:51 AM
That sucks Surfer. I don't know some cities come up with their zoning. Somestimes it makes no sense at all.

Surfer
05-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Eeew you said "Donkey Punch"......Ummm..

Anyways that sucks man, I hope things get better. Check out springs plenty of new buildings going up in CS Park.lol, I know what it means, I just like that wording LOL....I don't really want to "donkey punch" him.

Looks like were getting it worked out, apparently other businesses here had the same issue and got their business tax id's eventually....some jackhole screwed the zoning ordinances up. Basically the whole section west of Yamato and 95' (for South FL guys) is zoned LIRP, and even goes up congress etc. Well basically that would mean pretty much every business and restaurant etc is not allowed here.

Our suite has 60 offices alone and is privately owned, but we have to wait for the actual property manager for the whole building to come back on Thursday to clear this up. Reason I like it so much is its an Executive Suite but very nice offices and sizes compared to others (most are small). The two other offices I want now are about 1K sqft total which is perfect for me and a couple employees as I'm not actually looking to be "huge"...though that would be nice lol. My only other choice would be to move, in which we found some nice 1500 sqft offices but they are all NNN leases and I refuse to deal with NNN/CAM crap from companies that run them.

wytstang
05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Kick him in the nards kick him in the nards

Surfer
05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Kick him in the nards kick him in the nardsYou have seen Monster Squad...........:D

wytstang
05-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Wolf man don't have nards. Whoa wolf man has nards lol...The best corny movie ever made :D saw it loooong time ago. One day I'll buy it just to go back in time. It always surprise (and amazes) me how many people remember that phraise.

supercharged
05-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Wait 'till other will find out about it...