PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys backing plate?

myr6eatsme
02-14-2013, 02:31 PM
How are their backing plates? I don't really hear much about them.

I just bought a PC 7424xp. Was thinking of using the chemical guys backing plate and pads.

Any suggestions/reviews?

ihaveacamaro
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
if you don't hear about them, it's generally because no one complained about it :D That's a good thing in my book!

No experience with them, but in my opinion, it's hard to mess up a backing plate lol

Rmd
02-14-2013, 04:41 PM
I have the gamut of their hex logic pads. I like them but have generally found that different polishes respond better to certain pads. I have been using Menzerna polishes of late and they work well with the hydro and flat lake country pads. AG carries them.
Hex seem on par with CCS pads, which I also use.
Haven't used any backing plates other than lake country so can't offer any comment on that part of your post.

rmagnus
02-14-2013, 05:57 PM
How are their backing plates? I don't really hear much about them.

I just bought a PC 7424xp. Was thinking of using the chemical guys backing plate and pads.

Any suggestions/reviews?

The flexible backing plates seem to be in favor. Not sure CG makes them seem identical to LC.

I have the gamut of their hex logic pads. I like them but have generally found that different polishes respond better to certain pads. I have been using Menzerna polishes of late and they work well with the hydro and flat lake country pads. AG carries them.
Hex seem on par with CCS pads, which I also use.
Haven't used any backing plates other than lake country so can't offer any comment on that part of your post.

+1 LC hydros, CCS and CG Hex are all really good pads. I have all of them and favor the hydro pads but Hex is a very good pad as well.. Pretty much use the 3401 DA for most everything these days. Still go to the RB and these pads work there as well.

david11g35
02-14-2013, 06:02 PM
I use there backing plates. 5.5 and 4". I have no complaints. They are made by buff n shine same as their hex logic pads.