PDA

View Full Version : New toys....

Pages : [1] 2

orngez
05-07-2007, 09:52 PM
since i am waiting on my next ag order to arrive (the free shipping is the best and i cant wait to try the red edge pad)...i couldnt resist and got some more stuff from cg as well....i used up my gallon of f-seal so they gave me a sample m-seal and their new jetseal109...they threw in a sample of wmf as well...picked up a bunch of other refill stuff but this is the "new" stuff

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/565/medium/Picture_0061.jpg

supercharged
05-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Let us know how you like them. Have you tried their new paste carnauba wax?

P1et
05-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Orngez, I've had my eye on that stuff so please let us know how it works out! According to Al-53, it's some of the slickest stuff he's ever used. Are those 16 .oz samples they gave you by the way? If so, NICE!

And Supercharged, are you talking about their Pete's '53? My favorite wax by far! I have one tub and two more coming my way. I LOVE IT!!!

Sevenrd
05-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Orngez, I've had my eye on that stuff so please let us know how it works out! According to Al-53, it's some of the slickest stuff he's ever used. Are those 16 .oz samples they gave you by the way? If so, NICE!

And Supercharged, are you talking about their Pete's '53? My favorite wax by far! I have one tub and two more coming my way. I LOVE IT!!!

I'm with you on the 53. Great wax. I think I may have to get a couple extra tubs as well. :)

klumzypinoy
05-08-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm with you on the 53. Great wax. I think I may have to get a couple extra tubs as well. :)

Love 53 :D.

Nice toys Orngez, can't wait to see the results!

Surfer
05-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Don't have 53' but love my CG5050....dare I say more then my Souveran and Natty's Blue.....wonder what would happen if I mixed all 3 waxes and boiled them as one lol.

klumzypinoy
05-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Don't have 53' but love my CG5050....dare I say more then my Souveran and Natty's Blue.....wonder what would happen if I mixed all 3 waxes and boiled them as one lol.

I wonder :D

orngez
05-08-2007, 03:05 AM
the two bigger bottles are 16oz samples cuz the guys over at cg know i will buy a gallon of the stuff if i like it so they dont cheap out on me when it comes to samples....and they know i give honest feedback on the stuff...the wmf is a 6oz sample just because they happen to have one on the shelf and i asked if i could try some out...now i am just waiting on my red edge pads to apply it all by machine...i have a s2000 detail, and the return of a chevy avalanche i did a month or two ago, all coming up in the next couple days...i have been on a little detailing break the last couple weeks (i had to get back to my "real job") but my writeups will be returning soon...stay tuned and i hope you guys enjoy....

orngez
05-08-2007, 03:08 AM

pick up the 53 on sale while you can...they are debating on raising the price up pretty soon...great wax....and i love the smell...haha..

supercharged
05-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Why wonder - just do it! ;) It will be a wax shake...:D :rolleyes: :eek:

supercharged
05-08-2007, 01:01 PM

What other waxes can you compare it to? SSII? DP Max Wax? Natty's Blue?

P1et
05-08-2007, 06:44 PM
What other waxes can you compare it to? SSII? DP Max Wax? Natty's Blue?

The only other paste waxes I can compare it to is Megs #16 and Natty's Blue.

Pete's '53 can easily beats #16 in my book as far as durability is concerned. I am now on week 3 of my test and I'm impressed to say the least. What other product leaves the surface SLICK to the touch after that long? I know that even #16 doesn't. The beading is just incredibly (yes, I know that that doesn't always equal durability, but for me it's a sign that it's still there...)

Natty's Blue looks great... but you need about 3 layers of it to match Pete's '53. And I am not impressed with the durability whatsoever. As far as easy-on/easy-off is concerned, I think they are a very fair match. And they both smell just as good! However, Pete's '53 is more forgiving if you happen to layer it too thick. Something that is not the case with NB, and certainly not with #16!

Looks wise, I think it beats #16 and NB by miles and miles. It's my wax of choice at the moment and I think it would be difficult if anything else would impress me more.

My two extra tubs of Pete's came in today and I gave them to two friends at work for them to try it!!!

orngez
05-08-2007, 09:40 PM
petes53 is definitely a great wax...on par with all the tier one waxes ie...souveran, #16, pink wax, natty blue...etc...its easy wowo and leaves a long great lasting finish...cant wait to play with my new jetseal109....the cg guys said its their best sealant yet...the durablility is supposed to be top notch...

Surfer
05-08-2007, 10:04 PM
petes53 is definitely a great wax...on par with all the tier one waxes ie...souveran, #16, pink wax, natty blue...etc...its easy wowo and leaves a long great lasting finish...cant wait to play with my new jetseal109....the cg guys said its their best sealant yet...the durablility is supposed to be top notch...Is Jet Seal on their site, didn't see anything? Absolutley love CG 5050 and their EZ-Creme Glaze.

orngez
05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
jetseal is not on their website...one or two other online retailers carry the stuff but the 16oz bottle is sold by other retailers for 50 dollars a bottle...so the stuff is not cheap...my detail tomorrow morning will put it side by side against souveran, natty blue and duragloss...i like detailing my friends avalanche...its like a big canvas to practice on....and he doesnt really care what i do to it as long as it is clean and shiney :)