PDA

View Full Version : road paint on the truck?

BADZZHUMMER
05-24-2006, 09:43 PM
i have some white paint specks on the fender wells and on the tires of my truck it appears to be from them painting new lines on the road, surely there is someway to get rid of these but im not sure what to use, bug and tar remover ? let me know if u have any suggestions

Neothin
05-24-2006, 09:56 PM
clay bar is your friend :D

BlackCoupe
05-24-2006, 10:07 PM
i have some white paint specks on the fender wells and on the tires of my truck it appears to be from them painting new lines on the road, surely there is someway to get rid of these but im not sure what to use, bug and tar remover ? let me know if u have any suggestions

I think they are probably hard little speckles that may require you to carefully pop each one off with something with a hard plastic edge.

DS Detailer
05-24-2006, 10:23 PM
I think they are probably hard little speckles that may require you to carefully pop each one off with something with a hard plastic edge.

never!!!

that can potentionally scratch the surface... I'd go the clay bar route. For sure.

BlackCoupe
05-25-2006, 06:34 AM
never!!!

that can potentionally scratch the surface... I'd go the clay bar route. For sure.
The speckles are in the FENDER WELLS and on the TIRES. I take this to mean the black metal or plastic up underneath the wheel wells and the tires themselves, not the cars paint. I am no professional by a long shot, so you should follow DS Detailers advice. It was just .02 on my part.

BILL
05-25-2006, 07:32 AM
The speckles are is in the FENDER WELLS and on the TIRES. I take this to mean the black metal or plastic up underneath the wheel wells and the tires themselves, not the cars paint.

I agree for plastic wheel well's....if there hard, and dry, they should just pop off with a little effort, as far as the tires go you may need a solvent of some sort
lacquer thinner?