PDA

View Full Version : first ever paint correction attempt

luis9
02-14-2013, 02:56 AM
hey guys ive been really busy lately trying to do some paint correction on my lancer. i apilogize for not taking any before pictures but my car had lots of swirls and a couple noticeable scratches on the hood. i used 3m compound on the scratches with an orange pad and followed it with wolfgang total swirl remover with an orange pad also. than i did a coat of wolfgang finishing glaze and followed that with a coat of klasse high gloss sealant. i let the klasse sit overnight and than the next day i applied one coat of menzerna color lock carnauba, once again i let the colorlock set over night and finished it off with one coat of pinnacle liquid souveran wax. i had some meguiars nxt spray wax around and i decided to use that on my wheels. so guys tell me what youll think. im more than happy to take any criticisism or suggestions and ideas. i left the link down below
where youll find the pics. thanks guys

Mobile Photobucket (http://m1352.photobucket.com/albums/luis5905/?src=www?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2QmUPhZ92buk Bwzhi%2Fry%2FBfriNzdkVVEDvVivCkiJbwn3kUv%2FyNOAtLj Fqf3yD0RbTkjqe48PXgcUIlXln4n1WfAkF9Jp7Qq%2FZqH2weM %2BHWX34EY9aMAsWwGLiXDoFRiQtAQ9PlJsfMa2nxjlhQHgF4% 3D)

BobbyG
02-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Correction

I think you could have simplified the correction process by first using Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover then finish it up using Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

Sealant

Klasse High Gloss Sealant is a great sealant that provides a nice gloss and also up to 12 months protection.....nice choice!

Wax

I haven't tried Menzerna Color Lock but I hear it's a nice product. Pinnacle Liquid Souveran is also a nice product but I've found it's lacking in durability.

Wheels

I'm not sure what you have for wheels but using Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover either by hand or with a Mothers Power Ball removes oxidation and minor scratches and will greatly improve their appearance.

Because of its protective ability, Klasse High Gloss Sealant is a great choice for providing the ultimate in sealant protection..

Photos

The photos were a bit small however the finish appears to be very glossy...:props:

luis9
02-14-2013, 09:08 AM
thanks bobby i think ill apply wolfgang swirl remover on my wheels next time. would adding a layer of megiuars nxt spray wax do anything to the finish. do you think it would make it shine more? And i also agree that the combination of these products did leave the finish very glossy. Also, what carnauba wax would you say is the best under $50.

luis9
02-14-2013, 09:16 AM
also i forgot to add that i dont have anything for my matte black wheels. i just figured that by spray waxing id give them a little protection. may i ask which product would you use on matte black wheels

Pureshine
02-14-2013, 10:39 AM
also i forgot to add that i dont have anything for my matte black wheels. i just figured that by spray waxing id give them a little protection. may i ask which product would you use on matte black wheels

I have Matte black wheels and I use Wolf's rim shield works great.

BobbyG
02-14-2013, 10:59 AM
thanks bobby i think ill apply wolfgang swirl remover on my wheels next time. would adding a layer of megiuars nxt spray wax do anything to the finish. do you think it would make it shine more? And i also agree that the combination of these products did leave the finish very glossy. Also, what carnauba wax would you say is the best under $50.

I'm not personally familiar with Meguiar's NXT line to I can't comment.

A swirl remover will clean a painted wheel up nicely but DON'T use it on a flat or mat paint finish. These are intended not to be shinny so making them shinny might not be in their best interest....

A sealant would be better or a wax such as Collinite 845. Either of these will add shine plus protection.

Best wax under $50.00 - Collinite 845 $15.00

HellaBroke
02-14-2013, 01:28 PM
For your question on what wax under $50 I believe signature series 2 is $50 and its one of my favorite waxes and for the price I think it's hard to beat.... I normally use liquid souveran and the. Top with sig.series2 (ss2) and have had great results as already stated both ss2 and souveran do not last very long I'd say a month before they should be reapplied.
Car looks nice.
I have used reload spray on wheels and like how that holds up.

luis9
02-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Well thanks guys. I think ill get both collinite and the signature 2waxes on my next order