PDA

View Full Version : Looking professional , but not looking overdressed

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
02-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi all, question, What do you wear to detail clients car and not friends? I have done car for friends and relatives, but if I were to do cars for others, should I wear an under amour black polo, and sneakers? I feel like I don't want to look too sloppy even when detailing a car for somebody. Obviously I will not be wearing a suit ,but I could wear cargo pants or shorts and maybe flip flops or older sneakers , etc I don't have an actual business as im young and its totally out of question right now, but I will just detail friends cars

dcjredline
02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
I think clean and not ripped is the most important thing to concentrate on. Yeah a polo would be better than a t-shirt but t-shirt isnt BAD. Same with shorts yeah cargo would prolly be better than jean shorts but as long as they are clean and rip/hole free u wont (IMO) be "unproffessional" for detailing a car. If ur going to just estimate or talk then I think slacks and polo would be more appropriate than jeans and tshirt

Bill1234
02-13-2013, 04:28 PM
If its colder out I wear a pair of carhartt brand work pants and a cheaper polo or work t. I usually just ask the person to come over for a detail and they will give me anywhere from 40 to 80 dollars

Pureshine
02-13-2013, 04:40 PM
I wear a nice t-shirt with my company logo on it and a pair of jeans. When they leave I change back in to my work clothes. When they come back to pick up car chance back.

rwright
02-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Clean appearance when picking up/delivering car, comfortable when detailing. It's different for mobile detailers vs home/shop based.

RhetoricMixes
02-13-2013, 05:29 PM
I wear a nice t-shirt with my company logo on it and a pair of jeans. When they leave I change back in to my work clothes. When they come back to pick up car chance back.

Exact same thing i will be doing once my t shirts are ready for pick up. The only thing I do different is I wear cargo shorts and not jeans. Cargo shorts help out soooo much for brushes, towels etc.

Bill1234
02-13-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't really need a delivery appearance as I just got my license lol

Anthony@zerboautoworks
02-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Work t-shirt with company logo and khaki or black dickie shorts is what i wear.

www.zerboautoworks.com

ProDetail
02-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Exact same thing i will be doing once my t shirts are ready for pick up. The only thing I do different is I wear cargo shorts and not jeans. Cargo shorts help out soooo much for brushes, towels etc.

+1 and sometimes I wear a polo instead of a T

CM8 6MT
02-13-2013, 07:58 PM
In my opinion, you can dress however you want as long as you look clean & your clothes are clean, not necesarily on the kind of clothes your wearing.

You can look as professional as you want, but if you dont act professional or carry yourself in a professional manner then it all gets thrown out the window.

Yeah you can wear shorts & flip flops, just make sure your properly grommed. Most importantly, talk with confidense and show your customer that you know exactly what your talking about.

Its not about how you dress, its about what kind of work you put down. However If your going to be working on high end cars like Pureshine, consider getting a nice polo to appeal to that type of clientele.

11PX1
02-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Wear what Meguiar's insists it's reps wear when demonstrating product: Black on black. It looks super professional until you actually start detailing!Im the MAN

Sunshyne
02-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I started wearing my black nitrile gloves and my black Meguiars apron. Looks the part and always speak with confidence. Good combo IMO

BudsJLM
02-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Being a mobile guy when i go to meet with them i show up in a polo and cargo shorts. i 90 % of the time have a moisture whiking(spelling) sleeveless shirt on underneath. while working i pull off the polo and store it from getting dirty, as soon as i complete the job i put the polo back on

bigez
02-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Wear what Meguiar's insists it's reps wear when demonstrating product: Black on black. It looks super professional until you actually start detailing!Im the MAN

Also, not so great in the sun....

RLucky82
02-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Just look clean and fresh. In otherwords you can be clean and still look like you just rolled out of bed. That's my default look. Doesn't impress clients but then I don't have any since im not exactly a people person.