PDA

View Full Version : Four Star Ultimate on wheels?

akoeppel
02-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm probably going to be purchasing some new wheels here soon with my tax returns. I want some good protection on them before they go on though. I have some FSUPP that I purchased from a member of another forum. Should that work well on them? Any other sealants out there that are better?

Setec Astronomy
02-12-2013, 11:16 PM
If you're willing to buy something new, a coating like Opti-Coat would be best for the wheels. Is that UPP with Polycharger? If it's the original without it's not going to last very long. Another economical option is a Collinite wax.

Rsurfer
02-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Hey guys, I'm probably going to be purchasing some new wheels here soon with my tax returns. I want some good protection on them before they go on though. I have some FSUPP that I purchased from a member of another forum. Should that work well on them? Any other sealants out there that are better?
Blackfire Metal Sealant has been good for me. Super easy to apply and remove.

FASTFRED
02-13-2013, 10:52 AM
I use Klasse AIO followed by sealant of choice. :xyxthumbs:

ScottB
02-13-2013, 07:53 PM
A sealant like UPP will work well ... you can move to a coating, but most find a sealant acceptable. Most carnauba waxes wear out to soon with the high heat, so stick with something synthetic.

VroomVroom
02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
I've experimented with UPP on wheels...and then went back to Poorboys Wheel Sealant, which is my go-to for durability. The UPP is certainly better than not applying any protection, but between brake dust, heat, and road grime....it seems to have a noticeably shorter lifespan than PBWS. Considering the ease of application (sunlight, setup time, yada) the decision - for me, anyway - was made even easier.