PDA

View Full Version : How many times have I told her...

runrun411
02-12-2013, 07:25 AM
What Is the story with wives who don't keep their cars clean?

BobbyG
02-12-2013, 07:53 AM

Are you MAD or something! :eek:

Keeping our wives car clean and shinny is how we build our detailing arsenals. If our wives figure out we really don't care then neither will they and there goes the need for more tools and products!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PS....I agree with you though just not in public!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jrocket
02-12-2013, 08:02 AM

You post some strange threads. Rarely adding anything helpful such as reviews, pics, etc..

Whether your a pro or a weekend warrior you should keep your wifes car detailed as its good for business if you detail for money or good for yourself if detailing is your hobby..

I enjoy detailing my fiance's car... if she were to do it herself she would prob just drive through a splash n dash..

Most wives, girlfriends etc.. dont keep up there own cars... I said most not all

MikeN
02-12-2013, 08:06 AM
I seem to live through this every time I get in her car. For example, I used her car about 2 weeks ago to pick up pizza and couldn't move the seat back far enough because it seems like her whole closet moved into the back seat.

She does however love when she goes to work right after its been cleaned and she gets complemented on it from the people at work. Thus gives me an edge on ordering new stuff. Me: "but I'm going to use it on your car to make it even better" her: "oh fine just order it"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

DaHen
02-12-2013, 09:33 AM

They don't havta keep their cars clean. They married us so that we could clean them. lol.:xyxthumbs:

Pureshine
02-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Ya my wife and daughter think since I detail for a living its my job to keep it clean. I do take care of my car since she is my sugar mama. I make my daughter wash,clay and seal her car.
Todd

RhetoricMixes
02-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Im glad i dont have to worry about my wife. Shes my business partner and co worker :). Guaranteed clean cars for both of us lol.

BrutalNoodle
02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Personally, I find runrun's threads to be hilarious & entertaining. They provide a nice break from the how-to's (I'm still exhausted from the orbital & holograms talk).

Anyhow... Most ladies I know really don't up keep the interior. Clean home - messy car.

runrun411
02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Personally, I find runrun's threads to be hilarious & entertaining. They provide a nice break from the how-to's (I'm still exhausted from the orbital & holograms talk).

Anyhow... Most ladies I know really don't up keep the interior. Clean home - messy car.

Thank you for the kind words. I really enjoy the discussions of all sides of the hobby/business as much as I enjoy the humor from it. It's interesting to read the opinions from all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds. As we go through life we have fun with the fact that although we are different, we are the same in the fact that we love to keep our rides clean and shiny.

Oh... and I will try to post more serious discussions and pictures really soon. I promise.

CM8 6MT
02-12-2013, 02:13 PM
LoL

Jrocket
02-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Thank you for the kind words. I really enjoy the discussions of all sides of the hobby/business as much as I enjoy the humor from it. It's interesting to read the opinions from all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds. As we go through life we have fun with the fact that although we are different, we are the same in the fact that we love to keep our rides clean and shiny.

Oh... and I will try to post more serious discussions and pictures really soon. I promise.

Just so you know wasn't trying to come off as a ####... just seems like you always title stuff that makes you open the thread .. only to find a simple statement of all sorts depending on what you are thinking at the moment.

I don't mind random post at all... just like it when members include reviews or post up pics of some work or have questions geared more towards detailing or helping others out.. not asking you to change who you are though

but yes def different and different backgrounds... but we all do share 1 common passion

which is detailing whether its on a small or larger scale

runrun411
02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Just so you know wasn't trying to come off as a ####... just seems like you always title stuff that makes you open the thread .. only to find a simple statement of all sorts depending on what you are thinking at the moment.

I don't mind random post at all... just like it when members include reviews or post up pics of some work or have questions geared more towards detailing or helping others out.. not asking you to change who you are though

but yes def different and different backgrounds... but we all do share 1 common passion

which is detailing whether its on a small or larger scale

:iagree::xyxthumbs:

FUNX650
02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Personally, I find runrun's threads to be hilarious & entertaining. They provide a nice break from the how-to's

I feel the same way!!

Back to the topic at hand:

Disclaimer(s):
1.) I believe that guys enjoy their hobbies more than a lot of gals may.
2.) I can’t speak for everybody else…But I enjoy, above ALL else, my freedom...
Freedom to just be a guy, doing guy things.

I admit that:
I’m willing to put up with "The Good Wife's":
Unkempt-personal-vehicle-behavior if, for nothing else,…
The sex and food-preparation services.

As such:
I’m not about/won't tell her the "real truth" because I would probably be met with some emotional outburst from her.

If she only knew that the only thing I’m emotional about is just the good times we've had through our friendship;
and, her allowing me my, as mentioned above: Freedom...Freedom to just be a guy, doing guy things.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

:)

Bob

NOTE:
When the weather allows...I'll be cleaning her vehicle, as always...Just because.

BrutalNoodle
02-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Don't know about you gents, but fun factor tends to go way up when Bob jumps in.

NOTE:
When the weather allows...I'll be cleaning her vehicle, as always...Just because.

What does she drives, Bob?

One thing I dig about our Subaru: the hill-holder feature. The woman is lousy with clutch, I tell you. Lousy!

FUNX650
02-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Don't know about you gents, but fun factor tends to go way up when Bob jumps in.

Sorry!!...Didn't mean to. :(

What does she drives, Bob?

I should have used the plural: Vehicles

-She drives her '08 Jeep during inclimate winter-weather.
-Otherwise...The '02 Corvette becomes her DD to work, and play.
-The '98 p/u for the grocery-getter. (My DD)

-And whatever else she decides to drive...
Except for my '08 p/u <<<she says it's too big (I don't hear that too often :D)

One thing I dig about our Subaru: the hill-holder feature. The woman is lousy with clutch, I tell you. Lousy!
My wife has absolutely refused to even try to learn to drive a manual tranny.
Why: :dunno:

I've told her about the hill-holder feature...
We'll see what the future holds.

Bob