PDA

View Full Version : Website Up - Thoughts and Critiques?

Pages : [1] 2 3

davisautodetail
02-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Just finished getting the first revision of my website up and running. I'm a developer, have been for 15 years, so it's nice to not have to pay anyone for this.

I'm pretty happy with the look and feel, but I might be missing something since the detailing business is new to me.

I'm particularly interested in my detailing info:

Car Detailing (http://www.davisautodetailing.com/detailing_cars.htm)

My prices are set and packages offered based on local competition as well as Renny's book. I am still a little unsure on the whole "maintenance" plan thing, so would love comments there as well.

I have not done a full review for spelling errors, doing that now.

Oh...I'm still working on getting some more pics up as well, so that page is basically empty.

1953hogan
02-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi Kevin,

If I were a customer, I'd be looking for a glamour shots of vehicles to see what kind of work you do. Some photos might help you a bit.

Best,

Steve

davisautodetail
02-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi Kevin,

If I were a customer, I'd be looking for a glamour shots of vehicles to see what kind of work you do. Some photos might help you a bit.

Best,

Steve

Working on some now, and will have some more tomorrow to put up. I haven't really released the site yet, just getting some insider critiques at this point.

Do you mean on the actual content pages, beyond the photo gallery?

jwellsii
02-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I think a picture of yourself would be better than a cartoon charter. Just my .02.

rmagnus
02-11-2013, 08:44 PM
lol no that page IS empty.

Im far from an expert but not a fan of the clip art guy. The site overall is clean and good use of white space. There are some brokern links, an easy fix. Restoration page monthly maint plans & Detailing page the add on services link broken.

Why not add a picture of your shop? Or a pic of you in the About Me? Or in the About Me post a couple pics of what a Cobra looks like or what you invision it to be or the work in progress etc.

Over all very clean. You obviously know what you're doing.

davisautodetail
02-11-2013, 08:48 PM
lol no that page IS empty.

Im far from an expert but not a fan of the clip art guy. The site oevrall is clean and good use of white space. There are some brokern links, an easy fix. Restoration page monthly maint plans & Detailing page the add on services link broken.

Why not add a picture of your shop? Or a pic of you in the About Me? Or in the About Me post a couple pics of what a Cobra looks like or what you invision it to be or the work in progress etc.

Over all very clean. You obviously know what you're doing.

The "guy" is actually a hand drawn rendering, not clip art, but I know what you're saying.

My thought was this...branding. I wanted something that people would remember, even if not everyone likes it, when you see the "monkey" you remember him.

I actually went back and forth on doing the traditional high end car look vs. something a bit different. This is what I ended up with, but I'm definitely interested in hearing more. I can dump the monkey, having ordered my other marketing materials, signage, etc. yet. I've been doing this a while, but always open to suggestions!

Thanks for the heads up on the broken stuff, and the other suggestions, I'll check and fix, and implement...I'll add some more cobra pics and shop and me on the about us page.

extmobiledetail
02-11-2013, 08:55 PM
The website looks great, just get some photos up there of work you have completed and you will be golden(which I know you are working on). Also promote your Facebook page as well, believe it or not I have actually received more business out of my Facebook page then my website.

davisautodetail
02-11-2013, 09:08 PM
The website looks great, just get some photos up there of work you have completed and you will be golden(which I know you are working on). Also promote your Facebook page as well, believe it or not I have actually received more business out of my Facebook page then my website.

Definitely on the facebook stuff. I have a vacation rental too, and get lots of stuff from FB. I'm hoping to get my facebook page "released" tomorrow. It's setup, just haven't pushed it out yet.

Keep it coming, love the feedback! Thanks!

1953hogan
02-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Do you mean on the actual content pages, beyond the photo gallery?

I'd put the best shot you have right on the homepage. Let that be a great first impression.

davisautodetail
02-11-2013, 09:37 PM
I'd put the best shot you have right on the homepage. Let that be a great first impression.

Good call. I'll put a placeholder image there for now.

rustytruck
02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
I think you need more car photos. Not just in the photo gallery but on all the pages. The written info is good but the visual stuff(car pics) is lacking. I was your first "like" on your FB page. Boy would I love a garage like yours. Good luck.

davisautodetail
02-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I think you need more car photos. Not just in the photo gallery but on all the pages. The written info is good but the visual stuff(car pics) is lacking. I was your first "like" on your FB page. Boy would I love a garage like yours. Good luck.

Thanks!

I just liked your page too!

I agree on the photos, I wasn't sure if I should just put up "stock" photos of nice clean cars or if that would be misleading? I will continue to add cars that I detail, including my own rigs (which I'm doing this week), but I don't have many pics available like that right now.

extmobiledetail
02-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Davis, you can check out my website as well to get some ideas. Exotic Mobile Detailing | Where We Bring The Wash To You! (http://www.extmobiledetailing.com)

Also thanks for the great appointment app, I have been looking all over for an online appointment app that is free and amazing and you had it! :)

davisautodetail
02-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Davis, you can check out my website as well to get some ideas. Exotic Mobile Detailing | Where We Bring The Wash To You! (http://www.extmobiledetailing.com)

Also thanks for the great appointment app, I have been looking all over for an online appointment app that is free and amazing and you had it! :)

Thanks, I will, and let me know how the snap website works, I haven't actually used it yet. They told me they are updating it all the time.

davisautodetail
02-11-2013, 11:26 PM

Hey there again, what survey app are you using?