PDA

View Full Version : Upgp & ocw

Larry S
02-11-2013, 06:36 PM
I purchased some UPGP on BOGO and wanted to apply this year in the spring after my surface prep. I also have a gallon of OCW, which I have been using regularly.

I know sealants are not supposed to go over wax. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with using them both. Applying OCW after the UPGP as a booster and then re applying the UPGP, and so on.

Thanks,
Larry

SonOfOC
02-11-2013, 06:40 PM
The UPGP after 2 coats is shinier and slicker than 2 coats of OCW. You definitely can use OCW to boost the durabilty of UPGP.

OCW is a fantastic spray wax with relatively good durability. I find that OCW changes the look of metallic paints more so than UPGP. You may or may not like the muting effect.

UPGP should always be underneath OCW.

Meticulous-Detail
02-11-2013, 06:46 PM
The UPGP after 2 coats is shinier and slicker than 2 coats of OCW. You definitely can use OCW to boost the durabilty of UPGP.

OCW is a fantastic spray wax with relatively good durability. I find that OCW changes the look of metallic paints more so than UPGP. You may or may not like the muting effect.

+1

I like 3 coats of UPGP. The shine and gloss really came alive after 3. Plus it is so easy to use and apply.

Larry S
02-12-2013, 07:46 AM

Thanks, What about a spray sealant like Wolfgang? Could I put more coats of UPGP in between that?

+1

I like 3 coats of UPGP. The shine and gloss really came alive after 3. Plus it is so easy to use and apply.

I think I will use 3 coats, I mean it's so easy anyway.