PDA

View Full Version : using a pad cleaner

LazyGhost
02-11-2013, 06:29 PM
I wrote down blackfire pad cleaner in my newby book a while back cause it was raved as being a really good product. I am looking to place an order for this and that and looked it up and it appears to be a "spray on" application. I was under the impression a pad cleaner was something ya diluted in a bucket of water and let the pads soak in it for a while, then pulled em out, scrubbed em off and rinsed.

I like the idea of throwing the pads in a bucket to soak, but ill spray if neccessary. Your thoughts?

Thanx

ihaveacamaro
02-11-2013, 06:31 PM
that's apc you are thinking of. Pad cleaner is a little more aggressive I think, but much more expensive.

In my experience both work well, so it really doesn't make sense to have more than 1 bottle of a pad cleaner just in case

LazyGhost
02-11-2013, 06:41 PM
that's apc you are thinking of. Pad cleaner is a little more aggressive I think, but much more expensive.

In my experience both work well, so it really doesn't make sense to have more than 1 bottle of a pad cleaner just in case

Was actually looking at the blackfire conditioner/pad cleaner combo spray bottles and the Megs APC for other duties. Guess i found another duty for the APC once i find out the dilute ratio. As my luck would have it, there is more than one type of Megs APC to choose from. lol

Thanx

ihaveacamaro
02-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Was actually looking at the blackfire conditioner/pad cleaner combo spray bottles and the Megs APC for other duties. Guess i found another duty for the APC once i find out the dilute ratio. As my luck would have it, there is more than one type of Megs APC to choose from. lol

Thanx

The apc + is low foaming the apc normal is foaming. Only difference :dblthumb2:

Dilution is 3 to 4 ounces of APC to 2 gallons of warm water for bucket :)

:buffing:

BobbyG
02-11-2013, 06:45 PM
I for one was skeptical as to their effectiveness but very surprised how well they do work.

Pad pre-soak isn't necessary at all. Spraying a little all purpose cleaner or pad cleaner on a soiled pad certainly won't hurt.

I did a little writeup on a Meguiar's pad washer I bought last year that might help you.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/49945-blackfire-total-polish-seal.html#post670770

LazyGhost
02-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanx guys. Very helpfull.

LazyGhost
02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
So, i could at this time just use the APC and not use up my finances on the blackfire pad cleaner. What about the pad conditioner spray? Would you say thats a neccessity?

509IS350
02-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Ive had great success with DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator was created to provide detailers with a fast and effective way to clean pads without soapy residue or foamy degreasers. (http://www.autogeek.net/dp730.html)

Johny B
02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Ive had great success with DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator was created to provide detailers with a fast and effective way to clean pads without soapy residue or foamy degreasers. (http://www.autogeek.net/dp730.html)

:iagree: