PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Menzerna PF2500

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Dr_Pain
02-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Have you ever been so heart broken by the poor state of a vehicle that you just felt compelled to jump to the rescue?

Well I did, and this is the story.....

After seeing the state of a friend's neglected BMW I offered to "take care of it" for him. He has yet to come back from vacation so he is in for the shock of his life.

The vehicle: 2008 BMW 335i hard top convertible
Condition: Heavily oxidated and class 1 and 2 water spots, light and moderate scratches, car dings etc...
Task: Revive this beauty queen
Product: GG6, 5" Orange LC flat pad and Menzerna PF2500

Menzerna Power Finish PO 203, one step polish, swirl remover, finishing polish, car polish, german car polish, menzerna polishing compounds, power (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-power-finish.html)

The car is a daily driver, and is well neglected. It has heavy oxidation throughout, dings, scratches and water spots. The owner enjoys the car (with the top down) but looks as though he sees this former "beauty queen" as a vehicle of convenience, rather then the sexy beast she use to be

Although the owner only wanted to "support" my detailing business by allowing me to "take care of it" (while he was on vacation), I felt compelled out of the goodness of my heart to revive this baby. I have to admit that I have a LOVE for BMWs and was torn to see her in this condition. The goal was just to bring back some of its former glory, not to bring it back to showroom condition.

Since I am doing this on my dime, I wanted to save time and money in was only going to do a one step polish. But my heart was saying that I should really do a 2 step process. A few different product combination were used in creating "test spots", and I finally settled on a new arrival to my arsenal, which was advertised to be a one step polish capable of producing a 2 step final result.

The PF2500 (PO203) is advertised as a One step polish that has the capacity to "burnishes the paint to an ultra high gloss, like you’d expect from Nano Polish", and boy did it live up to its description. It is supposed to "remove moderate to mild swirls, water spots, and light scratches." and although I was skeptical I put it to the test and here is the 50/50.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/BMW_50-50.JPG

I did do a "test spot" with it in combination with the SF4000 and could not see enough of a significant difference to warrant a 2 step polish. AG did say "For busy detailers, Menzerna Power Finish PO 203 saves time and money by doing the work of two products", and I am happy to say that I will confirm the advertising hype.

To prove the level of oxidation, I took the following picture showing the before and after of the LC 5" flat pad

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/BMW_products.JPG

As they say, the proof is in the pudding..... check out this reflection shot:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/BMW_-_reflection.JPG

Conclusion: If you are looking for a one step product capable of giving you a 2 step look.... which will save you time and money, then please consider adding the PF2500. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Hope you enjoyed my first ever review :buffing:

P.S. Feel free to ask questions or leave some feedback. As soon as it stops raining here (South Louisiana) I will try and add a before and after picture of the car in the sun.

Jrocket
02-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Great 1st Review .. and Great Results!

Might have to pick a bottle of this up:xyxthumbs:

Look forward to some shots in the sun

SonOfOC
02-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Fantastic review! Even with all the new products that come out, Menzerna PF2500 is still my favorite one-step polish.

Larry S
02-11-2013, 06:42 PM
I agree. I used it on my sister in laws car, and the results were great. Great to have in the arsenal.

BobbyG
02-11-2013, 07:05 PM
I absolutely love Menzerna products but their polishes are truly amazing...as you've clearly illustrated.....A very nice review of a spectacular product...:props:

1953hogan
02-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Yesterday I did a test spot on my wife's Lincoln Navigator (champagne gold color). Sorry, no photos, but I would call it lightly to moderately swirled to begin with.

My first step was PF2500 on a CCS white pad (didn't want to go too aggressive on the test spot).

Followed that with SF4500 on a red pad.

I couldn't see much improvement in gloss after the 4500, which seems to support what others have said in this thread.

Marc08EX
02-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Great review on PF2500! You're making me want to try mine as a 1-step product! Thanks for sharing.

Johny B
02-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Nice review.

vegas911gts
02-13-2013, 04:26 AM
I hate posts like this. Now I have to go buy some.

h83d
02-13-2013, 05:23 AM
I hate posts like this. Now I have to go buy some.

Hahaha. Can't wait to try, luckily menz product are available here locally at my fave paint shop.. ;-)

addysdaddy
02-13-2013, 03:34 PM
I have FG400 and SF4000 but haven't tried the 2500 yet. I also have experience with the WG TSR - does anyone know how that compares to the Menz 2500?

Witchdoc
03-26-2013, 10:16 PM
I was going to get some m101 but hey I might just get some pf2500. I am going to do a 97 black jeep wrangler and my wife's 07 black 650i droptop that has swirls and spiderwebing in the paint.

psynx
03-26-2013, 10:25 PM
I was going to get some m101 but hey I might just get some pf2500. I am going to do a 97 black jeep wrangler and my wife's 07 black 650i droptop that has swirls and spiderwebing in the paint.

Cant compare 101 to 2500. Its a compound vs a polish

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

Witchdoc
03-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Cant compare 101 to 2500. Its a compound vs a polish

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

I meant both, sorry. I will test spot 2500 as a one step look at the work then decide to go to 101 then polish.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-26-2013, 10:53 PM
I have FG400 and SF4000 but haven't tried the 2500 yet. I also have experience with the WG TSR - does anyone know how that compares to the Menz 2500?
WG TSR is the EXACT same product as Menz SIP.