PDA

View Full Version : I've got 47 salt spreaders to wash...

2011wahoo
02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
So i just had a man contact me about power washing 47 salt & brine spreaders. I have a 3200 PSI Honda pressure washer with a Cat pump, so I'm good there. I also have a foam cannon as well. I'm not going to be pulling out the buckets or wash mitts, simply power washing them.

My question is what product should I put in the foam cannon? I use DG901 as my regular car wash for standard details but what would you recommend for this job? Anything that will leave behind protection as well as clean the surface? Thanks in advance.

dooyaunastan
02-11-2013, 06:22 PM
First thing that comes to mind is CG CWG, high dilution ratio, glossy finish, $20/gal on CG which I'm pretty sure AG will match.

rustytruck
02-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Sounds like a job for a truck washing company not an auto detailer. Those guys usually have hot water/steam pressure washers and huge water tanks. Big job. Good luck.

MikeN
02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
First thing that comes to mind is CG CWG, high dilution ratio, glossy finish, $20/gal on CG which I'm pretty sure AG will match.

I agree I think that this is the most bang for your buck and will give you the best results. Good luck and congrats on landing that big of a job!!!

rmagnus
02-11-2013, 07:05 PM
So i just had a man contact me about power washing 47 salt & brine spreaders. .

Nice job thinking outside the box. Be careful what you ask for you may just get it.

2011wahoo
02-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Nice job thinking outside the box. Be careful what you ask for you may just get it.

Haha, would you not take on a job like this if the price is right? A company this size has the money to spend.

steamshooter
02-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Wow! Big job indeed!

I second the idea for a steam ginny. This will be hard work.

Is buying by the gallon going to be cost efficient? I don't know how much it would take to wash one, but with 47 nasty dump trucks with plows and spreaders it will take more than just a few gallons.

Maybe look into commercial truck wash chemicals that comes in bulk.

Good luck. You will not need to be rocked to sleep after that for sure.

Gotta have pics of this one.

CrayBrown
02-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes pictures please. Good luck

Sent from my XT912 using AG Online

MPBGT
02-11-2013, 08:51 PM
I've never used it, but CRC makes a product called salt terminator. It was originally used for rinsing down saltwater boats. I've seen guys using it on dump trucks and on the frames under the dump bed. It might be something you would wash down the spreader with after you use a cleaner. It might be something worth looking into.

Johny B
02-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Sounds like a job for a truck washing company not an auto detailer. Those guys usually have hot water/steam pressure washers and huge water tanks. Big job. Good luck.

:iagree:

MarkD51
02-11-2013, 09:19 PM
You mean no Grit Guards, or Souveran-Fuzion for these babies?! LOL

I agree, a Steam Jenny is the best plan of attack. Protection? I dont think they really care.