PDA

View Full Version : Product Line up critique?

A2 Auto Spa
02-11-2013, 12:02 AM
This spring I would like to wash and wax cars on the side.
How does this product line up sound as a start for my business?

I am a n00b to interior products so any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner
Meguiar's NXT 2.0 Tech Wax
Meguiar's or Mothers Clay Kit
Two Grit Guards (What is your favorite?)
Meguiar's Microfiber wash mit
Meguiars X2000 Water Magnet Drying Towel
Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Microfiber Towel
Daytona Speed Master wheel brush
Montana Boar hair wheel brush
Invisible Glass
Meguiar's Interior Ultimate Protectant spray

I also would like to know what your favorite multi purpose rim cleaner and your favorite tire shine that does not SLING.

Gurge
02-11-2013, 12:15 AM
I prefer micro chenille wash mitts and any grit guard is fine

tire dressing I use Poorboys bold n' bright

interior stuff:

cleaning: megs APC+ or optimum power clean
dressing: 303 aerospace protectant
glass: sprayway

for fast interior work on relatively clean cars I like megs quik interior detailer

dooyaunastan
02-11-2013, 12:17 AM
That pretty much sums up what I started with. Meg's GC shampoo is hard to beat for the price. I'm trying to use up my bottle of NXT 2.0 liquid right now, thankfully the durability isn't top notch. I love the look of it on my 6, but for darker cars I'll be sure to throw GC Carnauba on top of it. If you're looking for a better sealant, I'd suggest BFWD, if you want a good wax, Fuzion, Max Wax, and Souveran are all hailed on here, want the best of both worlds? Many would suggest Collinite 845, although there is a learning curve to it's use, but so much info on it here that it would seem natural working with it.

I got the grit guards from AG, no particular brand, and they fit in my ACE hardware buckets great, gets snug right at the bottom of the bucket. I started with Target's Vroom chenille wash mitts and the durability of those was a joke, didn't notice any marring however. I ordered the MF chenille wash mitts from AG when they were BOGO and I love these things. Haven't used the Meg's mitt, or MF towels. I'm sure the waffle-weave is great, I've also heard great things about the Cobra Guzzler WW.

Only thing I can say about the Daytona is to be careful with the splatter, try and roll and twist with it, rather than scrub in and out as you'll be sure to get a nice face full of wheel cleaner, grime and other tasty stuff. Haven't used any other glass cleaners besides IG, but that's because I'm just so damn pleased with it. Use it with crumpled newspaper and you'll wonder how everyone has so much trouble with streaks. Picked up 2 bottles of Meg's IUP when it was on clearance for $2.49, turns out it works great on exterior trim too, not too sure I'd use it in the engine bay because it has a warning about some petroleum-something product in there.

I ordered some CG Diablo wheel gel when it was on BOGO and I LOVE it compared to the Meg's cleaners OTC, shaving-cream thick foam and really works for you, of course agitation will be needed, however it won't get stubborn, or baked on rim dust and tar. Just read that CG's Citrus Sticky wheel gel is a more powerful cleaner, where as CG Diablo is more for maintenance, so you might want to opt for that instead. Both are concentrate which is a big plus for me.

Edit: Tire Dressing, currently I'm using Armor All's tire dressing, while I haven't driven anything without it having at least half an hour to an hour to dry, I haven't had any slinging issues.

A2 Auto Spa
02-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks guys! =)

MikeN
02-11-2013, 05:21 PM
I have a bottle of Poorboys bold n' bright on hand also, no problem with sling also have tuf shine for the people that want the extra POP. interior can't go wrong with 1z cockpit (1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner , dashboard cleaner, cockpit cleaner, 1Z einsett, einzett (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html)) great product and smells good. Pick up a decent carpet cleaner too so you can pull stains out for people I'd suggest folex at HD.. not over expensive and does a good jub with just a brush

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
I'd pick up a speedy prep towel along with your clay. Also Optimum no rinse for clay lube and whatever else you want to use it on, just dilute properly.

rustytruck
02-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Look for products that are affordable, effective and easy to use. Don't get hung up on brand names or trying to use all of one brand.

steamshooter
02-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Look for products that are affordable, effective and easy to use. Don't get hung up on brand names or trying to use all of one brand.

I'm kinda new at this game too. One thing I have on my list of requirements is an AIO that doesn't stain trim. It takes time to tape trim. If you have a product that doesn't stain then less time spent taping and removing.

Johny B
02-11-2013, 09:01 PM

:iagree:

T3 AutoDetails
02-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Your list looks how it should for starting out, like rustytruck said, get what you can afford that's easy to use with standard results.

As far as wheel cleaning is concerned, Sonax full effect. Works great on ANY rim and its cool too watch the product work right in front of your eyes.