PDA

View Full Version : Top Coat XMT Finishing Glaze

clambros
05-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Howdy folks ..

Recently, I did an exterior detail of my black LS460L: used XMT 3,1 then XMT finishing glaze. I topped it off with some Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale and the results were amazing (I should have taken pics .. Sorry !)

Here's my question .. I washed the car again, and the "slickness" from the XMT is gone. Any suggestions on what to use to "refresh" the shine & slickness ?? (I tried NS7 liquid, and wasn't too impressed). Just another coat of XMT finishing glaze ?? An AIO (XMT 360) ??

bambo2888
05-07-2007, 11:48 AM
well, the xmt glaze isnt very durable. it needs to be topped with a carnauba tp keep its effect.

supercharged
05-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Howdy folks ..

Recently, I did an exterior detail of my black LS460L: used XMT 3,1 then XMT finishing glaze. I topped it off with some Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale and the results were amazing (I should have taken pics .. Sorry !)

Here's my question .. I washed the car again, and the "slickness" from the XMT is gone. Any suggestions on what to use to "refresh" the shine & slickness ?? (I tried NS7 liquid, and wasn't too impressed). Just another coat of XMT finishing glaze ?? An AIO (XMT 360) ??
XMT finishing glaze is a glaze, which will wash off in a first wash. And I though that Z-8 is just a QD, which won't do much protecting it...
Anyway, go ahead and reglaze, then apply a coat of carnauba wax. (DP Max wax, or any Pinnacle waxes).
Then after every wash, use a high quality QD, like Crystal Mist, FK425, or CK QuikShine.