PDA

View Full Version : First time Fuzion

DRamsey
02-10-2013, 07:38 AM
I got my 3 oz Fuzion early last week and was looking forward to applying it all week. Saturday, I washed the car with Chemical guys Citrus Wash at the dilution rate to strip the Pete’s 53 that was on the vehicle. It didn’t look like there was any Pete’s left on the roof as there was no beading at all. I am very impressed with Citrus Wash, it left the surface squeaky clean and the car actually looked fantastic. I followed that with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion applied with my Porter Cable. The Paintwork Lotion didn’t seem to do too much, but I wanted to have a properly prepared surface for the Fuzion. The Fuzion was easy on and easy off. The only issue I had was being able to see where I had applied it. On my grey paint the Fuzion almost disappeared. My car looks great. Somehow it almost seems to be a different color, it seems to have muted the grey and enhanced the metal flake. I’m glad I bought the 3 oz. as I’d guess I have enough left for at least 2 maybe 3 more applications.

Finemess
02-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Fuzion is a joy to work with. Wash it and look at it again, you may see more color. I have the 3 oz. and used it like 4 times and hardly put a dent in it.

DRamsey
02-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks. I may do that today, for no other reason than I can. Hahahaha.

hoyt66
02-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Fuzion is a joy to work with. Wash it and look at it again, you may see more color. I have the 3 oz. and used it like 4 times and hardly put a dent in it.
I agree. I bought the full size. This wax goes forever. I wax ALOT and it took me forever to go thru the first jar. Once I got the refill I was ready for a change. Fuzion does go on and off so easy I could wax every weekend! Lol actually I did :dblthumb2: Self confessed product waster!!!!!

ihaveacamaro
02-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Yikes! 2 or 3 more, you're definitely using way too much. Should be able to get 15 applications at least. Remember, thin is in!

Glad you like it though!

Klasse Act
02-10-2013, 10:37 AM
I too have the 3 oz Fuzion and applied it once (back in mid November) and I applied it VERY thin as directed and its held up pretty well through the winter. Not because of the price but applying it thin is the way to go, a little goes a long, long way!

I plan on using Fuzion a lot in the early to mid spring and again in the fall, leaving summer duty to my sealants as they don't melt away in the heat.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

DRamsey
02-10-2013, 11:29 AM
I wanted to see if I could post a picture. I am very pleased with the results.

ihaveacamaro
02-10-2013, 11:48 AM
looks real good!

I wanted to see if I could post a picture.

By the way, here's a how to I made on posting pictures to avoid thumbnails and get those big pictures to show up :) http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54730-how-upload-photos-autogeek-proper-way.html

509IS350
02-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Fuzion is a great wax. Warm and glossy. Better on darker colors. Heres a pic with my second coat on it.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8096/8440732586_512978753d_z.jpg

cleanmycorolla
02-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Yikes! 2 or 3 more, you're definitely using way too much. Should be able to get 15 applications at least. Remember, thin is in!

Glad you like it though!

:iagree:

DRamsey
02-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I applied it very thin. It was actually a little difficult to apply it to the applicator. Maybe there's 20 applications left, who knows. I don't know how to estimate it. There were only 3 oz. to begin with.