PDA

View Full Version : 303 High Tech Fabric Guard

Pages : [1] 2

chevycruze
02-10-2013, 02:31 AM
Has anyone tried this 303 high tech fabric guard? I ask because im looking into getting this and using it on my seatbelts if this is what im thinking it is. Im looking for a protectant of some sort that i can put on my seatbelts in my new car to help them from drying out and tearing or fraying and prevent something hazardous in the long run. Any ideas or suggestions? Comments? Please help

Detail-Impressions
02-10-2013, 02:51 AM
303 makes some great products. The Fabric Guard is not the better of what is out on the market.
CarPro or Wolf's have what your looking for.

Dr Oldz
02-10-2013, 03:13 AM
I have been using it for years. Unbeatable on convertible tops, seats, carpets, floor mats and even seat belts. It will protect very well but fraying is caused by abrasion and rough use.... No product will prevent that. Careful use will tho.

ScottB
02-10-2013, 10:15 AM
works great even around the house, I replaced Scotchgard and have used it on furniture and more.

MarkD51
02-10-2013, 10:55 AM
I have a question about the 303 Fabric Guard.

It had been suggested to me by another member here to use this on my Covercraft NOAH Vehicle Cover, and that it will protect against UV degradation. This I don't doubt, but.....

The NOAH Cover is a 3 ply Cover, which has a central microscopically porous material which is said to repel rain, yet allow the cover to breathe, and allow moisture-condensation to escape.

Thus, I'm now wondering, will such a product such as 303 possibly hinder the breathability of the Cover, and defeat its design parameters?

I imagine Covercraft, and the 303 Folks should be folks I get in touch with to ask these questions. That there could be also a possibility of voiding a Car Cover Warrantee by using such? Mark

y8s
02-10-2013, 01:04 PM
I just put a coat on my Onitsuka Tigers. Here's hoping it prevents wet feet when I go out in the rain.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ru5xW7eWXAQ/URfeVylAtXI/AAAAAAAAXlE/dnJv7DA9vxs/s800/20130210_125156.jpg

chevycruze
02-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Okay..I appreciate the input so far from you guys. I had called my chevrolet dealer in reguards to this for my 12' cruze and all it said in the owners manual is to clean them with hot soapy water and rinse with a clean soft like microfiber towel and then dry. The dealer didnt know of anything to protect the seatbelts as a protectant or guard so i called AG and they suggested this 303 fabric guard. I also called mothers polish and Jim Dvorak said that their VLR would be a good starting point. Any other suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In advance everyone

MikeN
02-10-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm a huge fan I apply it to every vehicle I detail and not only does it protect but it also seems to bring out the color in carpets and floor mats especially on dark carpets

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

chevycruze
02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
So this 303 stuff is probably what im looking for ???

Andr3wilson
02-10-2013, 04:41 PM
I would recommend the Gtechniq Smart Fabric. It too is like Fabric Guard and scotchguard, but it is more durable, and IMO more hydrophobic. I sprayed a few layers on my detailing shoes about 6 months back, still beading the water off leaving me dry!

chevycruze
02-10-2013, 04:46 PM
does autogeek sell that stuff Andr3wilson?

Andr3wilson
02-10-2013, 05:17 PM
does autogeek sell that stuff Andr3wilson?

:doh:

Sorry no they dont! I thought they did! Due to forum rules I cannot link you the place to purchase it, but its around $30 for 500ml I believe

MPBGT
02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
I have been using it for years. Unbeatable on convertible tops, seats, carpets, floor mats and even seat belts. It will protect very well but fraying is caused by abrasion and rough use.... No product will prevent that. Careful use will tho.
:iagree: I've always had great luck with 303

chevycruze
02-10-2013, 07:30 PM
:doh:

Sorry no they dont! I thought they did! Due to forum rules I cannot link you the place to purchase it, but its around $30 for 500ml I believe

Damn it lol. Oh well..im sure someone online has it cheap enough. It seems like the only issue i really have in detailing it cleaning my glass. I know from factory the glass has that film #### on there and i would of thought it would come off after the first or second use but my windows are streaking when i clean them. I use mothers glass cleaner right now. I did use meguiars PC glass cleaner then got rid of it. Im gonna try this diamondite perfect vision glass cleaner here soon when i get it from AG. Anyone ever try diamondite? if so..how well is the performance?

MarkD51
02-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Damn it lol. Oh well..im sure someone online has it cheap enough. It seems like the only issue i really have in detailing it cleaning my glass. I know from factory the glass has that film #### on there and i would of thought it would come off after the first or second use but my windows are streaking when i clean them. I use mothers glass cleaner right now. I did use meguiars PC glass cleaner then got rid of it. Im gonna try this diamondite perfect vision glass cleaner here soon when i get it from AG. Anyone ever try diamondite? if so..how well is the performance?

Inside glass, or outside?

Ever try Stoner's Invisible Glass, or Sprayway? All the big auto chains sell Stoner, even Wally World, and I usually see Sprayway at places like Home Depot. Wally World here even used to sell Sprayway, but very common to Wally World, things come and go like a fart in a windstorm.

Sprayway is a really good cleaner, and it is dirt cheap in price. Much better than any Windex product for sure. Mark