PDA

View Full Version : $3 Drill Brush?

rolop6
02-10-2013, 01:55 AM
So, for a while now I had been looking at getting a drill brush for interiors. After looking all over the net for the best and most cost effective brush I found that most were anywhere from $16-$30 PER BRUSH. Thinking there was no way I would pay that much for one brush I came across this video on youtube.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKVQEOTFro&feature=share&list=PLkawBWqZ18JdCLHFfg84vL3V82aittM3k]How to Attach a Scrub Brush to your Drill - Build.com 30 Second Tip - YouTube[/video]
after watching this I immediately went to Walmart and found a brush that would perfect. It even had a pre drilled hole already. I found those dishwashing brushes with a little rubber pump that has a hole where the soap is dispensed. The brush was less than $3 and I had all the hardware. Came home and put it together in about 5 minutes. Ive been using this brush for numerous interiors and it works great. No problems, brush is not too rough and a great value. I highly recommend this to everyone looking to save a few bucks and still getting the product they need. Not to mention the brush I use is very similar to the one in the video and you can get in the little corners much better then you would be able to with a 5" brush. Hope you guys find this helpful.

Big Boi
02-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Awesome!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

precisionautosalon
02-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Why didn't I think of this before. So simple!! Great find, thank you.

SuperiorAutoLLC
02-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Great idea!! Just make sure you don't apply too much pressure with that bolt in the center...

Squid
04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
This is genius, I'm gonna try it out! :)

thebamboo23
04-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Gotta have the drill first

hernandez.art13
04-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Perfect to go scrub the concrete I messed up!!!

Squid
04-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Just gonna comment again and say that I tried this and it worked great, I had to do some modification but anyone with common sense can figure out a working solution.

What I do is go to goodwill and buy any shoe brushes I can find (comes down to $2 or $3 per brush) and cut them in thirds, because I found when using the whole thing there's a good possibility of getting hurt or breaking something on the interior. They don't last forever though and sometimes will shed but it's still way cheaper than buying a dedicated drillb rush for upholstery and interiors and I have to end with a vacuuming anyways so shedding isn't much of an issue.

JSou
04-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Nice. Thanks for sharing.