PDA

View Full Version : Glazerr

Qusai
02-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Ag fam, i need some help!! Went to my mechanic to get some maintenance, got an alignment and all that. Turns out that something got on the paint while it was there and so they rubbed it with an old dirty rag. It would have been totally fine with me having whatever it was on my paint so i could take care of it the right way, but oh well. lol This happened on my left fender and they probably set some stuff down on the roof, i might have seen some scuffs on the roof, im not completely sure but what should i do? Should i use a glaze to hide these scratches that are from the mechanic until the car is due for another polish session, or should i take care of the problem with some polish? i have read that some people got so carried away with polishing that they would whip out the polisher everytime they see swirls. I dont think im that bad, and plus it is a black car, so it is hard to resist. The MAIN question now is, since i already have an lsp on my paint, would i be able to sandwich a glaze on my paint? Or in other words would i be able to add the glaze ontop of my lsp, then reapply an lsp right over it? Im not sure whether im supposed to completely strip the paint bare before using a glaze. I have pb blackhole, blacklight, and sf4500polish for some options. Thank you for your time again guys.

Pureshine
02-09-2013, 12:00 PM
I would just do a stripe wash and start over but thats just me. Sealant then glaze cause sealant needs to be applied to clean bare paint to bond.
Todd