PDA

View Full Version : Waxed ... then dusting?

matteo86
05-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I was wondering if i could get some insight on this waxing problem i am having. I am using mothers liquid wax and yellow wax applicatiors. After a claying of the car i make sure its wiped off and dry then apply wax... Waited until it hazed and wiped off with a microfibre. A day or so later, dust started to appear and it was yellow like the wax. This happends all over.

I assume i did the waxing correctly as it did haze and wiped off easily. Am i missing something?

Thank you in advance,

Matteo

Excessive Detail
05-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Sure its not just dust, or pollen. It could be due to not removing all the wax completely, a lot of waxes today don't require any wait period once it is apllied, wipe on wipe off. Never used mothers wax, but maybe it attracts dut easier than others.

matteo86
05-06-2007, 10:33 PM
im sure its from the wax... it says to let the wax haze before removeal. Maybe im supposed to wipe it right away?

If someone could clairify...

Excessive Detail
05-06-2007, 10:40 PM
For example, apply wax to the hood, then once the enitre hood is covered with wax start removing the wax from were you started applying, then move to he next panel of the car and do the same.

scottgt
05-06-2007, 11:09 PM
pollen for sure

trhland
05-07-2007, 05:20 AM
we got pollen all over here ut sucks washed my 2 trucks this weekend and now there yellow. :( :(

chu
05-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Its probably pollen as everyone have said. I've used Mothers, and I haven't had a problem with it. Actually a pretty good OTC product.

trlblazer3
05-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Without question it is probably pollen. The pollen in my area right now is terrible. Did my mom's black Grand Cherokee on Saturday, came out Sunday to take some pics and the entire vehicle was covered in pollen.

ScottB
05-07-2007, 07:24 AM
it is likely overuse of the wax, or the cleaners and additional chemicals in the wax itself. Try to rewipe with a damp towel after application to remove the dust and try to limit the use of the product, a little really goes a long way.

matteo86
05-07-2007, 09:06 AM
thanks for the replies...if it was pollen it should be on the other cars as well no?

It must be overuse but i was using like a penny per panel...didnt seem like much. Is there a standard for like a 2 by 2 area or something.

Thanks