PDA

View Full Version : GTeachniq EXO over C1

Pages : [1] 2

cwebb
02-08-2013, 01:54 PM
I was told using EXO over C1 would make extreme durability, while still retaining slickness you get from EXO. Has anyone ever tried this?

Audi X2
02-08-2013, 09:37 PM
I am interested in some feedback on this too!

TrKent
02-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Yes, works great. Seems like using them together may even amplify the benefits of both.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8231/8412613394_8e3365d35c_c.jpg

mets2010
02-08-2013, 10:55 PM
What would the process be to due this? Since exo needs to be applied in a chemically stripped surface how would one apply it over c1 and what would the cure time need to be for c1 before you can apply exo?

TrKent
02-09-2013, 12:22 AM
What would the process be to due this? Since exo needs to be applied in a chemically stripped surface how would one apply it over c1 and what would the cure time need to be for c1 before you can apply exo?

I typically wait 12 hours after applying C1 before applying EXO. Because C1 is the new surface of the substrate it is already chemically stripped.

cwebb
02-09-2013, 12:44 AM
I typically wait 12 hours after applying C1 before applying EXO. Because C1 is the new surface of the substrate it is already chemically stripped.

How many layers of each did you use and what did you use after everthing was all said and done, a quick detailer ....... or something else???

TrKent
02-09-2013, 11:19 AM
How many layers of each did you use and what did you use after everthing was all said and done, a quick detailer ....... or something else???

I typically use only one layer of C1 but you can layer that after it has fully cured. With EXO I apply the recommended two coats 30 minutes apart. This process is essentially just one coat of EXO though, the second coat is to ensure adequate coverage. If you are going to apply more coats of EXO you must wait for it to fully cure.

cwebb
02-09-2013, 01:01 PM
what QD do u use down the road to keep the EXO on top of the C1 looking nice. And what do you do with the C1.5 that comes with it? I dont want to pay for something I dont use.

DEREKC
02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Can you use any quick detailer with EXO...or is it best to stick with Gtechniq products?

TrKent
02-09-2013, 02:34 PM
As for C1.5, some people use it to maintain EXO but I prefer C2 diluted 1:20 or Meg's Final Inspection. Something that doesn't get in the way of EXO too much and allows it to do its job.

Transmitted from the Dream Detail studio.

mets2010
02-09-2013, 04:23 PM
How long until C1 is usually fully cured to apply a second layer?

I typically use only one layer of C1 but you can layer that after it has fully cured. With EXO I apply the recommended two coats 30 minutes apart. This process is essentially just one coat of EXO though, the second coat is to ensure adequate coverage. If you are going to apply more coats of EXO you must wait for it to fully cure.

TrKent
02-09-2013, 06:28 PM
How long until C1 is usually fully cured to apply a second layer?

12 hours to be certain. Could be as little as 3 hours in warm temperatures but i always wait 12.

mets2010
02-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks, do you think 2 layers of c1(12 hours apart) followed by a 12 hr cure time and 2 coats of exo 30 min apart should work well? Also, does wurth clean solve work well to strip the paint prior to c1? Btw, which towel do you recommend for Exo and c1 I was told a plush microfiber isn't recommended.

12 hours to be certain. Could be as little as 3 hours in warm temperatures but i always wait 12.

TrKent
02-09-2013, 11:10 PM
That application process should work quite well. As far as I know clean-solve should be fine for C1, maybe even a bit overkill. I generally use cheap towels that I don't mind throwing away. I tried the CarPro suede towels and didn't like those. I have used towels from Home Depot before, I use them straight out of the packaging and they work fine. Received a few towels from Gtechniq and I'll see how they work sometime next week. They're basically general purpose towels but feel softer than most.

matryx
02-10-2013, 12:18 AM
So how much of these nano coatings are out there? I know there's Opti-coat and EXO from Gtechniq. With so much new products coming out I can't keep up. Although I'm still new to detailing so it be just because I'm new that I find it overwhelming with all the products out there.

Out of all these coatings. Which is the easiest to apply? I'm new to polishing and I'm not confident in getting into something complicated.
I have two cars that are daily drivers that are parked outside 24/7 and I want to do some paint correction before putting the coatings on.