PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Autoglym HD wax?

Elliott.lwy
02-08-2013, 01:30 AM
I have been browsing around, and it seems like Autoglym is not really popular in the States. Where can I get Autoglym HD wax (new package)?

Pepboys only carries autoglym shampoo, resin polish, and quick detailer, but they are real cheap! :xyxthumbs:

http://i.imgur.com/iEKrFK4.png

Wheelzntoys
02-08-2013, 01:39 AM
Try amazon

Elliott.lwy
02-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Amazon doesn't have the new package. Just found one on ebay for $30. :D Thanks anyways.

mark98xlt
02-08-2013, 02:15 AM
I picked up 4 of them this past may from Walmart for what you just payed for 1 lol

Elliott.lwy
02-08-2013, 02:46 AM
I picked up 4 of them this past may from Walmart for what you just payed for 1 lol

:doh: walmart doesn't carry autoglym in WA.

but Sears is selling $8x for one. What a rip off.

DaHen
02-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Got the last two that PepBoys had last August and those were in the "mark-down" rack for something like fifteen dollars each. Along with AutoGlym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner and AutoGlym Rapid Detailer.
Walmart had them April of 2011 for ten dollars each. If ya could find them in the rite store.

Andr3wilson
02-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Can someone please explain resin polish to me! I used it back in my teenage years on my dads truck. Now that I know what I am doing, can someone explain what this does? It doesn't seem (very) abrasive, so is it like a glaze sealant or all in one like a Klasse product? I don't like the stuff, but for the last few years, my mind has been pondering what it is for!

ShaunD
02-08-2013, 07:27 PM
From Autoglym's site: Super resin polish contains emulsifiers and conditioners to gently clean and condition paintwork. Low molecular weight resins harden and bond to give exceptional protection and cosmetic effect.
Basically it's a paint cleanser with sealant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

PPLd
02-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Can someone please explain resin polish to me! I used it back in my teenage years on my dads truck. Now that I know what I am doing, can someone explain what this does? It doesn't seem (very) abrasive, so is it like a glaze sealant or all in one like a Klasse product? I don't like the stuff, but for the last few years, my mind has been pondering what it is for!
Autoglym SRP can be regarded as a cleaner wax.
It slightly cleans the surface with very very minor abrasives, glaze it and leaves behind a layer of acrylic sealant that will last a few months.
It looks good on any color, easy to use, very affordable, slick and last quite a bit.
Bcos it is acrylic based, you can even top it with their EGP sealant or HD wax.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_4076DPP.JPG

Elliott.lwy
02-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Autoglym SRP can be regarded as a cleaner wax.
It slightly cleans the surface with very very minor abrasives, glaze it and leaves behind a layer of acrylic sealant that will last a few months.
It looks good on any color, easy to use, very affordable, slick and last quite a bit.
Bcos it is acrylic based, you can even top it with their EGP sealant or HD wax.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_4076DPP.JPG

It seems odd to ask, but are you from Hong Kong?

ScottB
02-09-2013, 10:25 AM
My Walmart got cleaned out at 10.00 each, started at 35.00