PDA

View Full Version : The RUPES LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher and Polishing System by Mike Phillips

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

axel06
02-07-2013, 07:10 PM
thanks mike glad to see your review looking forward to meeting you some day... :)

TroyScherer
02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
No washer mod ???

Johny B
02-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Interested in hearing more. Of all the many polishers I already own, not sure if the Rupes is worth the investment, but I'll wait and see. Keep the info/results coming.

+1

Wors
02-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Very nice write up Mike. Interested to hear more thoughts on it. Nice test case.

RLucky82
02-07-2013, 07:44 PM
What backing plates are available for the Rupes?

Miracle
02-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Awesome write up Mike!!

Kind regards
Paul Dalton
Miracle Detail

WRAPT C5Z06
02-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Awesome write up Mike!!

Kind regards
Paul Dalton
Miracle Detail
Do u find a major difference in cutting power between the 15 and 21?

PabloAutobrillo
02-07-2013, 08:47 PM
NIIIIICE machine!
It looks pretty easy to lift, carry and and light to work with.
What about the pads, are they different to the LC flat pads?
I would love to try one of those. So sad that I couldn't try it at the detailing class I attended.
Do they come in 220-240volts? If the do, that would be great news for me.
Mike, I hope you enjoy my recomendation on that Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead, my customer is very excited that you are working and using the latest products on his car.:props:

TundraPower
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Well guys, I guess it's decision time for me. I sure hate to just leave my rotary, Cyclo, and sanding blocks. But if it's the right thing to do for my business I guess I can suck it up and convert to 100% Rupes. Before I drop a bunch of money I would like to hear everyone's thoughts. Be honest please.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-07-2013, 09:34 PM
The Rupes blue pad disintegrates worse than the HT Cyan pad.

rmagnus
02-08-2013, 02:44 AM
What negative things have you heard?

Neg:
Limited power and backing pads
Proprietary pads, polishes

Pos:
Big throw
Strongest pure DA available

IMO it seems to be a quality polisher. Being pretty new there are going to be believers and non believers. In the right hands all of the better known polishers will do what they need too.

addysdaddy
02-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Neg:

Pos:
Big throw
Strongest pure DA available

IMO it seems to be a quality polisher. Being pretty new there are going to be believers and non believers. In the right hands all of the better known polishers will do what they need too.
Couldn't agree more. I'm not questioning whether the Rupes is a quality machine, I'm just asking how many demos has the AG Staff done with every polish from every manufacturer with every combination of machine and pad? Look at the results, it's all good. It's more about technique then equipment.

Soarer5
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Neg:

Limited power is not a negative. The 21E stroke is almost 3 times of a normal DA, including the Flex at 8mm. This results in the pad cutting so much with each orbit that it doesn't require that heavy pressure like a PCXP or need to be force driven like a rotary/Flex. Keep in mind having such a large surface coverage, doesn't always make it ideal for panels with big dips or bulges. I'll still pull out my GG6 to get in those areas. Hear it from one of the best in the industry, Kevin Brown, just Google "Rupes LHR 21ES Random Orbital Polisher - Features & Benefits."

The machine works great with other pads like Megs MF. You don't have to use only Rupes pads to get the best results. I also use my 21E with the 15E 5" backing plate. I have not used the Rupes polishes yet. Haven't really needed to try them out yet when I'm getting 1 step corrections done with Megs MF Finishing + M205 or bumping it up to M100/M105 for more cut.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Rupes > 3401

I've tried both.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Limited power is not a negative. The 21E stroke is almost 3 times of a normal DA, including the Flex at 8mm. This results in the pad cutting so much with each orbit that it doesn't require that heavy pressure like a PCXP or need to be force driven like a rotary/Flex. Keep in mind having such a large surface coverage, doesn't always make it ideal for panels with big dips or bulges. I'll still pull out my GG6 to get in those areas. Hear it from one of the best in the industry, Kevin Brown, just Google "Rupes LHR 21ES Random Orbital Polisher - Features & Benefits."

The machine works great with other pads like Megs MF. You don't have to use only Rupes pads to get the best results. I also use my 21E with the 15E 5" backing plate. I have not used the Rupes polishes yet. Haven't really needed to try them out yet when I'm getting 1 step corrections done with Megs MF Finishing + M205 or bumping it up to M100/M105 for more cut.
Exactly!!!!