PDA

View Full Version : Atttn: Detail website owners!!

Jrocket
02-07-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm preparing to buy my first domain.

quick question did you or do you have private domain registration

or are you public?

Wasn't sure which I should choose??

Thanks for your INPUT :dblthumb2:

- John

Mike Phillips
02-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Most of the domains I own are public, that means if someone does a Whois Search they can find out who I am and how to contact me plus that I own the domain name they are looking up.

I've never been bothered by anyone via my contact name and information related to a domain name I own. That's just me though, others might have a different experience.

It costs a few more dollars.

Unless you really feel the need to protect your privacy then just start out with public registration of a domain name. You can always upgrade existing domain names and make them private.

:)

Jrocket
02-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah I don't really mind that people know it's my website and my info.

I guess my biggest concern was Spam emails and Solicitation calls

But if it's not really necessary and I can always add it later plus i can save 8 bucks may just skip it

unless anyone else wants to chime in as a necessary reason to purchase it.

Thanks for the Input Mike.

I went with your first suggestion

Ecocleanautodetailing.com

davisautodetail
02-07-2013, 11:27 AM
I've been in the web development business for 15 years (just getting going on detailing instead, get me out from behind the desk).

You don't need private registration, imho, it's a waste of money.

Also, stick with someone like godaddy for registrations, and you can search for "godaddy coupon," and save a bunch of money.

Also, when picking a name, don't forget to consider how hard it is to give out over the phone, and how easy it is to remember.

Good luck, PM me if you need any other advice about web stuff.

Jrocket
02-07-2013, 11:51 AM
i've been in the web development business for 15 years (just getting going on detailing instead, get me out from behind the desk).

You don't need private registration, imho, it's a waste of money.

Also, stick with someone like godaddy for registrations, and you can search for "godaddy coupon," and save a bunch of money.

Also, when picking a name, don't forget to consider how hard it is to give out over the phone, and how easy it is to remember.

Good luck, pm me if you need any other advice about web stuff.

pm sent

Pureshine
02-07-2013, 12:36 PM
I use ipage for my hosting they have great customer service 24/7 and they are very helpful if you have any problems.
Todd