PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here ever use Mark V or Mothers?

01expy
05-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi, i'm kinda new here and mostly i've just been reading the threads and not really participating. I own a small detailing shop in the Philippines and it's sad to say they don't have a wide array of products for sale here. Mostly it's eagle one, Megs, Mothers and mark v.

A friend of mine is distributing Mothers and Mark V so of course i'm using that line which i've been very happy with. I just wanted to get some views on what you all think of Mothers and Mark V?

Jimmie
05-06-2007, 09:35 PM
That's all I used before AG. Figured if it was good enough for Chip Foose, etc,etc. Anyway it was good. I used the Mothers Clay w/ Showtime Lube/QD. Then on to their 3 step wax system 1. pre-wax cleaner 2. glaze 3. carnauba paste wax. The paste wax is wowo. Easy to use; good looks; durability questionable with some here. I can't make reference to durability because I layered it so often (before I knew better) that is was always good.

wytstang
05-06-2007, 10:30 PM
All though I've never used Mothers I've read and seen pictures of some awesome looking cars wearing Mother Synwax, also there tire dressing has had good reviews as well. I've read Mothers FX line was really good for OTC products. I actually grew up using Rain Dance and Turtle Wax which was fine before I knew better and stepe it up big time. But I would have no problems using Mothers FX line.

01expy
05-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I actually use Mothers Synwax sometimes for detailing, I kindof mix it up using Mothers and Mark V.

2003BMW3301
05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi,

My first experience using Mothers' product and it came through bigtime. Someone tagged my car with grafitti and I was able to remove the blue marker using the products below:

1) Mothers' Pre-Wax Cleaner
2) Mothers' Sealer & Glaze
3) Mothers' Pure Carnauba Wax (liquid)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/bullet/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=86541)

Larry A
05-07-2007, 08:38 PM
I work part time for a high line restoration shop. We have a detail department and he may use various products to buff a car including Menzena, but the wax he finishes with is Mothers pure caranuba liquid.

TxRecon
05-07-2007, 09:43 PM
You may know this that Mothers purchased MarkV a few years back.
I found some of the waxes to be very oily. The red degreaser kicks but.

Mothers polish is very very close copy of the Optimum Polish.

Bence
05-08-2007, 04:13 PM
I love all of the Reflections and FX waxes - alongside with the "old" three stepper. GREAT products!

ltoman
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Crud! I have been trying to find Mark v. That is how I found AG. My dealer uses AG. I figured if I got what they used, I could get the marks completely off of my new vette....
Never did find where I could get them. Don't get me wrong - I am a loyal Ag-er..... but it would be cool to try. I am going to have to order Menzerna anyway for it for summer, so I am going to have to stray from AG anyway.....

BILL
05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Mothers Top Coat Is Nice Also......

Larry A
05-08-2007, 08:17 PM
I put a quick coat of Mothers paste cleaner wax on my sons car today , and it came out great. It took me less then 40 minutes to complete . Car was already washed.

01expy
05-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I've used almost all of the mother's line, i must say i do like the results but i don't have much to compare it with. Mother's did buy out Mark V (i heard that as well). What i've noticed with the Mark V line is that the compounds are ver dusty but i love the results it gives me. I'm doing an I've been working on an F-150 (on the 3rd day now) doing a full detail on it. Exterior ( 5 steps) waterspot and lime/scale removal, Interior (took out the seats and carpet) and the engine. I used the following for the exterior detail:

Buffer: Makita 9227C
Exterior:
Mother's clay bar
Mark V Quik kut MV-150 - using a wool pad
Mark V Quik kut MV-150 - (again) with a yellow lake country pad
Mark V Phase V finessing material - White lake country pad
Mark V Mystique - White Lake country pad
Mark V One-shot or Mother's Synwax - Grey lake country pad

Waterspot/lime and scale removal - Mark V Splash

Only problem is that i wasn't able to take any pictures, i should have another car coming in towards the end of the week. I'll document the whole detail so you can see the results of Mark V.