PDA

View Full Version : What is the Most Scratch Resistant LSP ??

1953hogan
02-06-2013, 08:50 PM
I've been reading all of the LSP threads lately. "Best LSP," "Most Trusted LSP," etc.

Soon I'll be polishing out my very-soft-paint black Acura. Needless to say, I'll strive to follow best practices for washing, but after all the work of fixing the paint, I want to keep it that way!

So, my question is, which is the most scratch-resistant LSP in your opinion/experience?

I've searched for this without success so feel free to point me to any useful threads if I missed them. Thanks in advance. Love the expertise that flows through this forum.

Steve

ihaveacamaro
02-06-2013, 09:28 PM
how does one (ie a consumer like ourselves) test scratch resistance?

I know optimum has had scratch resistance testing by a third party on their opticoat and the results found that it is more scratch resistant than just a painted body panel alone

Andr3wilson
02-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Well LSPs such as waxes and sealants don't offer real scratch protection.

Nano coats such as a product like Exo doesn't either, it is basically like a permanent/resilient wax.

You would want to look into an actual lacquer coating. Something like Opticoat, Gtechniq C1, or Carpro Cquartz.

These coatings crystallize on the car offering fairly decent scratch and swirl protection.

A lot of companies like to say these are lifetime coatings. Usually that is not the case. Quite often you can get a few years out of a good one.

Now I have heard mixed results with OC so for that reason I have never tried it. C1 is a great coating and I am soon to see CQuartz as it is in the mail.

swanicyouth
02-06-2013, 09:39 PM
I think it come down to how the car is cared for. But, your best bet is likely Opti.

1953hogan
02-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks, gentlemen.

Rsurfer
02-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Wolf's Hard Body has a vid out on UTube.

silverfox
02-07-2013, 05:57 AM
No product will protect against scratching. I'm assuming you are referring to human error, self inflicted scratches.

Your best defense is learning the best possible way to not only wash your car but every step after that.

The most scratch less car I ever witnessed was a car that was never touched. Only washed with a touchless car wash. Was it shiny? No. But the paint had no scratches whatsoever.

The irony in this business is that the cars with the most scratches are usually induced by owners who are anal about having a beautiful car.

PPLd
02-07-2013, 07:42 AM
The most scratch less car I ever witnessed was a car that was never touched. Only washed with a touchless car wash. Was it shiny? No. But the paint had no scratches whatsoever.

I agree 10000%.
I have seen an old Mercedes that had not been washed for years.
It is so dirty there is a brown layer of mud caked on it.
However one you blast the mud off, the paint is free of any scratch!