PDA

View Full Version : Foam Lance stopped working... any ideas?

mets2010
02-06-2013, 07:51 PM
My Foam Lance recently stopped working. I fill it up and connect it to the wand like always and nothing happens. No noise comes out the pressure washer (its electric so when its on you can hear the motor running) and no liquid comes out its as if its not on at all. When I connect the wand for the water that part works fine. So, Im not sure if its the lance that is broken or if its the pressure washer, I don't think its the pressure washer since it washes fine. I checked and couldn't find anything clogged. Any ideas?

neat e34
02-07-2013, 01:33 AM
Have you pulled the foam lance apart & checked the mesh filter?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/49708-dyi-foam-cannon-hp-tune-up.html#post667931

Pureshine
02-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Have you pulled the foam lance apart & checked the mesh filter?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/49708-dyi-foam-cannon-hp-tune-up.html#post667931
Do you clean it out after every use? Cause it's probably clogged up inside. The soap can dry on the inside and clogged it.
Todd

Meghan
02-07-2013, 08:42 AM
My Foam Lance recently stopped working. I fill it up and connect it to the wand like always and nothing happens. No noise comes out the pressure washer (its electric so when its on you can hear the motor running) and no liquid comes out its as if its not on at all. When I connect the wand for the water that part works fine. So, Im not sure if its the lance that is broken or if its the pressure washer, I don't think its the pressure washer since it washes fine. I checked and couldn't find anything clogged. Any ideas?

How long have you had it? Give our tech department a call, Nick is at ext 215 maybe we can help you get it running again.

mets2010
02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
I rinse out the bottle and the rubber tube but not the nozzle. Do I need to take it apart to do that or just run water through it? Thanks

Do you clean it out after every use? Cause it's probably clogged up inside. The soap can dry on the inside and clogged it.
Todd

Pureshine
02-07-2013, 01:46 PM
I rinse out the bottle and the rubber tube but not the nozzle. Do I need to take it apart to do that or just run water through it? Thanks
I put warm water in the bottle and run it through for a few min.

PiPUK
02-07-2013, 04:35 PM
If you are getting no liquid through, warm water in the bottle will not help because that warm water will not run through the lance and thus cannot dissolve the blockage. Generally, a total block like this will need the lance taken apart but don't panic, it is a very easy process.

mets2010
02-09-2013, 05:12 PM
had it about 6 months or so

How long have you had it? Give our tech department a call, Nick is at ext 215 maybe we can help you get it running again.

mets2010
02-09-2013, 05:12 PM
do i need to replace the mesh filter or just take it apart and clean it? its only 6 months old or so

If you are getting no liquid through, warm water in the bottle will not help because that warm water will not run through the lance and thus cannot dissolve the blockage. Generally, a total block like this will need the lance taken apart but don't panic, it is a very easy process.

ShaunD
02-10-2013, 04:02 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/58062-foam-cannon-process-help.html?highlight=foam+canon
If you go to posts 42/43 of this thread you should be able to see how to get to the screen. I would soak everything in hot(not boiling) white vinegar for about an hour before reassembling it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

PiPUK
02-10-2013, 06:04 AM
do i need to replace the mesh filter or just take it apart and clean it? its only 6 months old or so

I don't know exactly the details of your lance but it looks similar to the generic type we also get. Chances are that you just need to get the filter out and boil it in water for a little while to dissolve out the gunk which has built up. There really isnt a whole lot else to go wrong with it to be honest.