PDA

View Full Version : Post Needed --- Pad Compatibility Edge - Vs - Lc

ScottB
05-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I have been PM'd numerous times this weekend, and truthfully have no time currently, but we need a sticky on pads. Since the industry does not color regulate between Megs / Lake Country / Edge pads, it would be nice is someone could do so here and I will lock and sticky.

Simple Chart for Pads --- What color pad is same abrasive quality between Edge and Lake Country ??

ScottB
05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.geocities.com/jaybs95/pics/dc_padchart.jpg

offered by member, cannot vouch. Seems to be missing some pads like Edge Orange and red a quick glance. Anyone have updates ??

Surfer
05-06-2007, 07:51 PM
The red Edge is the fine finishing pad, the orange Edge is between the Yellow and Green if I recall from the packaging.

D
05-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Edge Pads, straight from the site, The Edge 2000 6 Inch DA Pads: The Edge 2000 6 Inch DuraFoam Pads will change the way you think about buffing pads. (http://autogeek.net/edge20006.html)

Yellow Cutting Pad This pad is aggressive, and will cut through deep surface marks and swirls.

Green Medium Cutting Pad This pad is useful for light oxidation and moderate to severe swirls and imperfections.

Orange Light Cutting Pad This pad is highly versatile, as it can be used on cars with light to moderate swirls and imperfections. We recommend you begin with this pad if you are unsure how deep swirls are, moving up to a Green Medium Cut Pad if necessary.

Blue Finishing Pad This pad is great for everyday use. It will leave surface areas scratch-free and smooth while still removing light swirls and imperfections. Use with wax and polish to apply a fine gloss. Safe on clear coats. 70 pores per inch (ppi)

White Ultrafine Polishing Pad This ultra-smooth polishing pad contains 80 pores per inch, allowing for fine polishing which creates a bold, crystalline gloss Use this pad to apply waxes, polishes and sealants. Safe on clear coats. 80 pores per inch (ppi)

Red LSP Finishing Pad Autogeek exclusive!
The red pad is softer than the white pad, which makes it perfect for new car finishes.

Jimmie
05-06-2007, 08:10 PM
That chart is awesome.
Hope "The Edge" comes on and explains the aggressiveness of the orange pad. A few weeks ago there were posts that the Edge Orange is more aggressive than the Edge Yellow.

Surfer
05-06-2007, 08:17 PM
I still haven't seen a black Edge pad, anybody have one? Yellow is already very agressive, can't see needing anything more agressive then that. Love my Edge pads though.

Nica
05-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I found the black pad...funny thing though that they did not call it Edge they called it Presta? This Presta company has the exact same pads as the Edge pads so I just put the two together and figured that the Presta is related to the Edge...well just my guess. I bought one and haven't used it just yet, I was going to test it out in my old beater. But surfer you are correct the black pad is not needed if you ask me.

Killr, that is a wicked chart. I'm framing it. Thanks for the info.

Tex Star Detail
05-06-2007, 09:05 PM
I think NorahCRV had something similar. (pad chart)
Don't quote me on it though

sneek
05-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Mike form thedetailinghandbook has one

The Edge
08-08-2007, 08:48 AM
at the bottom of this page on our site is our most up to date colored texture chart. Please be sure to click on all the tabs. We will be placing this on all our foam pages shortly but for now you can use this chart to identify our pads.

Dedication to Detail - The Edge Buffing Pads (http://www.edgepads.com/products/edge2000wave.htm)

Bunky
06-09-2008, 07:31 PM
You can still get the LC green that is between orange and white per LC's application chart but AG seems to be the only one that sells a green pad between white and black. The LC green is a different foam (called Euro) than the rest of the line. When I asked LC, they said the std LC green is not the same as what AG sells.

cobraa
09-29-2009, 11:14 PM
You can still get the LC green that is between orange and white per LC's application chart but AG seems to be the only one that sells a green pad between white and black. The LC green is a different foam (called Euro) than the rest of the line. When I asked LC, they said the std LC green is not the same as what AG sells.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering the samething.

CEE DOG
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Crap! I just found this stuff from kllr! I had just finished making my own chart! I hadn't even seen killr's request for somebody to do this. That is too funny! Well, here is mine anyway