PDA

View Full Version : P21s Wheel Cleaner (liquid not gel)

Pages : [1] 2

WRXINXS
02-05-2013, 10:17 PM
I am considering taking a break from Griots Garage Wheel Cleaner (The regular green one) and tryling P21s liquid wheel cleaner as my go to for my well maintained wheels. Most of the reviews I see are for the gel. Anyone out there have any experience with the liquid? Is it a good cleaner?

Drew

Setec Astronomy
02-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah, it's good (for a neutral pH wheel cleaner). Most people prefer the gel because it clings better, and since it's not going to do much anyway, you want it to stay on the surface for as long as possible.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-05-2013, 11:31 PM
GC Sticky Gel for well maintained wheels!

swanicyouth
02-06-2013, 12:10 AM
GC Sticky Gel for well maintained wheels!

I agree 100%

P21S pretty good for what it is. The only problem with it is the price. It was probably the first "safe" wheel cleaner to hit the mainstream, or that's how I remember it at least. At the time there wasn't a lot of products out there like it, so I guess you were paying for the "safe" factor for your EXPENSIVE Porsche or BMW wheels.

Now its different though. AG sells 1000mls of P21S wheel cleaner (regular) for $19.99. Chemical Guys sells 473 mls of Sticky Wheel cleaner for $8.95. However, the CG product is dilutable 1:4, P21S is not.

It takes 200 mls of CG SWC to make 1000 mls of wheel cleaner. If you do the math, that's about $3.78. That's assuming you only by the 16 oz bottle. Of course, if you buy it by the gallon, its much cheaper.

So, for 1000mls of "safe" wheel cleaner you can pay $3.78 for CG's; or $19.99 for P21S. Both products will give comparable, if not identical results. For me, I just can't see spending the extra cash just to not have to mix a bottle. Also, if you use the CG product, there is no problem using the cleaner "liberally" as your not spending twenty bucks for a bottle. This may even help you clean better, as your not trying to conserve product.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Nice post, Swanc! Isn't sticky gel recommended 1:5?

dooyaunastan
02-06-2013, 12:47 AM
My bottle of CG Diablo states "Mix 1 gallon of product to 3 gallons of water"

Personally I did 1:6 and it clings great, excess runs a little but certainly not a notable amount, still foams up like shaving cream with agitation, doesn't do too well against neglected, baked on particles IME though. However, I'm not even sure if a stronger dilution would work on the kind of build-up I'm referring to.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-06-2013, 12:55 AM
doesn't do too well against neglected, baked on particles IME though. However, I'm not even sure if a stronger dilution would work on the kind of build-up I'm referring to.
Diablo can handle a lot of brake dust, but not the baked on kind.

Benziez
02-06-2013, 12:59 AM
I agree 100%

P21S pretty good for what it is. The only problem with it is the price. It was probably the first "safe" wheel cleaner to hit the mainstream, or that's how I remember it at least. At the time there wasn't a lot of products out there like it, so I guess you were paying for the "safe" factor for your EXPENSIVE Porsche or BMW wheels.

Now its different though. AG sells 1000mls of P21S wheel cleaner (regular) for $19.99. Chemical Guys sells 473 mls of Sticky Wheel cleaner for $8.95. However, the CG product is dilutable 1:4, P21S is not.

It takes 200 mls of CG SWC to make 1000 mls of wheel cleaner. If you do the math, that's about $3.78. That's assuming you only by the 16 oz bottle. Of course, if you buy it by the gallon, its much cheaper.

So, for 1000mls of "safe" wheel cleaner you can pay $3.78 for CG's; or $19.99 for P21S. Both products will give comparable, if not identical results. For me, I just can't see spending the extra cash just to not have to mix a bottle. Also, if you use the CG product, there is no problem using the cleaner "liberally" as your not spending twenty bucks for a bottle. This may even help you clean better, as your not trying to conserve product.

r u refering to Chemical Guys Sticky Gel Citrus Based Wheel & Rim Cleaner 16 oz? it costs $19.99. thought I found something economical....

swanicyouth
02-06-2013, 01:22 AM
r u refering to Chemical Guys Sticky Gel Citrus Based Wheel & Rim Cleaner 16 oz? it costs $19.99. thought I found something economical....

Yes. Sticky and Diablo are 2 different products. Sticky is less $$$.
$8.95 direct from CG for 16 oz. AG will price match it.

swanicyouth
02-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Nice post, Swanc! Isn't sticky gel recommended 1:5?

Not sure. I thought it was 1:4. But as with some CG products, it may depend where you look: bottle or website. At 1:5 its even a better deal.

Benziez
02-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Yes. Sticky and Diablo are 2 different products. Sticky is less $$$.
$8.95 direct from CG for 16 oz. AG will price match it.

woah.... that big price diff???? must try! thanks for the heads up.... Sticky & Diablo... which one do u prefer?

FUNX650
02-06-2013, 06:35 AM
P21s liquid wheel cleaner as my go to for my well maintained wheels.
I use its cousin: S100 Wheel Cleaner...instead

My local Harley-Davidsons usually has it on sale during the winter months.

:)

Bob

WRAPT C5Z06
02-06-2013, 09:15 AM
woah.... that big price diff???? must try! thanks for the heads up.... Sticky & Diablo... which one do u prefer?
Diablo is the thicker of the two. It'll cling a bit better to the wheel. Probably can clean better as well. However, if your wheels are well maintained, I prefer sticky gel. Mainly, because it comes out of the sprayer easier.

Benziez
02-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Diablo is the thicker of the two. It'll cling a bit better to the wheel. Probably can clean better as well. However, if your wheels are well maintained, I prefer sticky gel. Mainly, because it comes out of the sprayer easier.

hi Five... can Diablo be left on the wheels for a long time... just like P21S?

Wors
02-07-2013, 07:31 AM
For maintained wheels Diablo would be a better choice. The CG Sticky is citrus based I thought, more cleaning power.