PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang über wheel cleaner? Iron x

HellaBroke
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Watching my classic car right now(recorded) and watching the product review for uber wheel cleaner is this the same as iron x??? Or how similar is it? $50 for a half gallon is a pretty good price compared to 30 for ironx

ihaveacamaro
02-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Iron X can be used all over the car, I'm not sure if you would want to use wolfgang wheel cleaner all over your car lol

both have iron fallout properties and color changing properties, but if I had to guess I would guess that ironx is better at it than Uber wheel cleaner

HellaBroke
02-05-2013, 11:01 PM
From what I have read it almost seems as if ironx is is stronger / more concentrated than uber wheel cleaner I'm going to see if I can find the msds sheets for both and compare.

HellaBroke
02-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Says its good for pretty much any wheel surface I can think of except copper (not listed) painted cleared.... I read nothing anywhere that says dont use it on the paint of cars.

Just a thought right now nothing more nothing less cheaper alternative to iron x is what I'm looking for. Love it just wish I could find it a little cheaper. Or by the gallon.

ihaveacamaro
02-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Says its good for pretty much any wheel surface I can think of except copper (not listed) painted cleared.... I read nothing anywhere that says dont use it on the paint of cars.

Just a thought right now nothing more nothing less cheaper alternative to iron x is what I'm looking for. Love it just wish I could find it a little cheaper. Or by the gallon.

I know what you mean. Are you trying to use it for your own car, or for people's cars that you are detailing?

HellaBroke
02-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Mostly my own occasionally my buddy's like to "borrow" some iron x when they are cleaning up there bikes as well and if I can find something that I can buy in a larger volume just to have than awesome $30 bucks for the bottle now is a little steep.
EBC yellow stuff pads and slotted rotors tend to make for a ton of metal dust on my Golf R. Black ultra lagger wheels don't help either these get hit with iron x at least once a month... Just the wheels front end gets sprayed every time I get board and want to try another lsp.

ihaveacamaro
02-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Since you're doing your own car I would look into this CarPro Iron X Snow Soap, paint decontamination soap (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-snow-soap-liter.html) as it's more cost effective and is also on BOGO right now :)

You won't need an agressive iron decontamination product for just your car assuming you detail it enough, and since you are here on this forum, I think that's a safe assumption.