PDA

View Full Version : Flex Hose

Pages : [1] 2

dbbrooks
02-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Okay first, I apologize for not being here as regularly as I have been and also if this has already been discussed. I hate struggling with customer hoses (usually 15 years old and stiff as a board). Last week my customers hose nearly uprooted her plant and I am tired of fighting with it, I do have my own roll up but it does take up some space. Has any one tried the TV versions of the flex hose or the pocket hose etc? Are there any reliable light weight hoses that are out there that are worth having? Thanks in advance for any replies.This forum has always been the best!! :xyxthumbs:

Robert8194
02-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Okay first, I apologize for not being here as regularly as I have been and also if this has already been discussed. I hate struggling with customer hoses (usually 15 years old and stiff as a board). Last week my customers hose nearly uprooted her plant and I am tired of fighting with it, I do have my own roll up but it does take up some space. Has any one tried the TV versions of the flex hose or the pocket hose etc? Are there any reliable light weight hoses that are out there that are worth having? Thanks in advance for any replies.This forum has always been the best!! :xyxthumbs:

I just ordered a Flexilla. I have the air hose and love it. I will report on the garden hose as soon as it arrives and I have a chance to use it. Will be this weekend I expect.

BobbyG
02-05-2013, 07:27 PM
I just ordered a Flexilla. I have the air hose and love it. I will report on the garden hose as soon as it arrives and I have a chance to use it. Will be this weekend I expect.

I absolutely LOVE Flexzilla Air Hose! This hose is lightyears ahead of any other hoses I've ever had, yes, they're really that good!!! Im the MAN

I had no idea Flexzilla also offered a garden water hose!!! :applause:

Chris@AutoCleanse
02-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Also offer a pressure washer hose.

Robert8194
02-05-2013, 09:27 PM
I got to have the pressure washer hose if its as good as the air hose. Now, to find the best place to buy one. Are the fittings pretty universal?

swanicyouth
02-05-2013, 09:37 PM
I hate my pressure washer hose. I have 2 hoses put together to make it longer. One half is stiff as a board, the other half is "kinky". I'll have to check this out.

rlloyd
02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
I found it on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-HFZG550YW-Flexzilla-Zilla-Garden/dp/B003TFE7ZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360117298&sr=8-1&keywords=flexzilla+garden+hose).
Where did you get yours from?

Those light-weight, collapsible hoses look great but they get horrible reviews. I don't want to even waste $20 on it to see if works or not.

I'll have to check out their pressure washer hose. I hate mine.

I also found Gilmour Flexogen (http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-10-58050-Flexogen-8-Inch-50-Foot/dp/B00002N674/ref=pd_sim_lg_5). Also looks nice, made in USA, lifetime guarantee and lots of great reviews.

I think I'm going for this Gilmour (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XTK97M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER) - 1/2 the price and made in the US. I think the 1/2" size will be fine with my well, lighter weight too.

Chris@AutoCleanse
02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I got to have the pressure washer hose if its as good as the air hose. Now, to find the best place to buy one. Are the fittings pretty universal?

I called flexzilla today because I was having trouble finding a pressure washer hose for you guys to buy and they just came out with a new model same great product that is just hitting stores, if you call them they will help you find a distributor. The manufacturer is Legacy. Any problems let me know I will try to help.

Robert8194
02-06-2013, 08:36 PM
I called flexzilla today because I was having trouble finding a pressure washer hose for you guys to buy and they just came out with a new model same great product that is just hitting stores, if you call them they will help you find a distributor. The manufacturer is Legacy. Any problems let me know I will try to help.

Thanks. That's a great help. I will call them.

dbbrooks
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
What about the Flexible hose you see on TV?

Robert8194
02-20-2013, 10:21 PM

It looks pretty flimsy to me. Great idea but not sure it would hold up for my use. Might be great for watering plants.

MikeN
02-20-2013, 10:32 PM
It looks pretty flimsy to me. Great idea but not sure it would hold up for my use. Might be great for watering plants.

:iagree:

"As seen on TV" = exactly where it should stay on TV

SonOfOC
02-21-2013, 01:03 AM
OP, try Water Right hoses. Very high quality and super light. In 25 years and about 20 hoses later, the Water Right is my favorite.

GS2011
02-21-2013, 07:22 AM

That particular one has all kinds of bad reviews (hose bursting after 2-3 uses, company not sending them after taking payment, etc..). I would advise staying away.

ski2
02-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Home Depot has both the air hose and water hose--online only, but you can get free shipping to the store.