PDA

View Full Version : De-wrinkle Leather Seats

Mazda.Mark
02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Bare with me, I know the video is West Coast Customs and they do the MTv show "Pimp my Ride" ,BUT this is a great trick we all can use and show off to clients and friends.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX2BAr5CHwo]West Coast Customs - Removing Upholstery Wrinkles with Ish - YouTube[/video]

Andr3wilson
02-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Cool! I saw a thread a while back about a guy whose wallet in his pocket stretched and wrinkled the leather in his new tahoe. He should see this!

Pureshine
02-05-2013, 12:48 PM
I have a steamer but that is great for people who don't thank you for sharing this.
Todd

Jrocket
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Nice! Cool tip...Thanks for posting

Mazda.Mark
02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
No problem AGO'ers. For those on a budget this is a great and easy fix.

Especially for those with car-seats that leave AWFUL imprints!!!

Setec Astronomy
02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I dunno...looked the same to me after.

neat e34
02-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Cool! I saw a thread a while back about a guy whose wallet in his pocket stretched and wrinkled the leather in his new tahoe. He should see this!

I believe he ended up using a warm iron, with a towel between it & the leather with great results :xyxthumbs:

Danube
02-06-2013, 02:26 AM
What drugs in this dude in the video on ..

.. but, not a bad result at all.

/

BobbyG
02-06-2013, 07:19 AM
An interesting way to remove wrinkles from leather and an ordinary steam iron will also bring something to the game. By placing a single layer between it and the leather material and the iron, you concentrate the moist heat causing it to shrink slightly...

ihaveacamaro
02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
An interesting way to remove wrinkles from leather and an ordinary steam iron will also bring something to the game. By placing a single layer between it and the leather material and the iron, you concentrate the moist heat causing it to shrink slightly...

could that possibly be dangerous to the leather?

BobbyG
02-06-2013, 08:28 AM
could that possibly be dangerous to the leather?

If not held in one spot for an excessive length of time I don't think so....

Years ago it was common for headliners to be replaced with leather. Unlike the pressed or formed headliners of today replacing a headliner with leather was an art and if done correctly a thing of beauty...

A steam iron was one of the tools used to shrink the leather making it taught and crisp...

It's possible leather headliners could be the norm in more expensive cars and maybe someone will chime in here.....

Mazda.Mark
02-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Good insight. I am always looking for cost-cutting ways to detail my car.

Remember this thread?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/34494-tip-pros-anyone-else.html

:)