PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a De-ionized Water Filtration System?

Flynnstone
02-05-2013, 01:19 AM
I was doing some reading tonight, and the reviews I've read on costcos site all seem to be positive for the CR Spotless Rolling De-ionized Water Filtration System.

AG appears to also sell the same unit, (100 gallon & 300).

Does anyone here use this, and in your opinion is it worth the money?

How many washes might one expect before needing to change out the resin? That may get costly...

Thanks!

psnt1ol
02-05-2013, 03:24 AM
I was doing some reading tonight, and the reviews I've read on costcos site all seem to be positive for the CR Spotless Rolling De-ionized Water Filtration System.

AG appears to also sell the same unit, (100 gallon & 300).

Does anyone here use this, and in your opinion is it worth the money?

How many washes might one expect before needing to change out the resin? That may get costly...

Thanks!

Well.... It depends.

1. Your water's TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) from the source. The higher the level = change out resins more frequently.

2. Your delivery. Are you using a Power washer or a straight hose? A straight hose could deliver 2-3 Gallons per minute while a moderate power washer is around 1.3 to 1.7 GPM. You do the math.

3. If you are in an area with hard water and water spots drives you crazy then yes.... its worth it. Unless you like rubbing them out all the time.

4. If you are doing it for money then it is worth it.

One unit is rated for 100+ Gallons and the other is for 300+ gallons but it all dependent on the conditions stated above.

AG also sell another version. It is not as robust but it might be the ticket for hobbyist and weekend warriors.

Deluxe Clean Water Filter Kit, 2 step water filter system, water filter for car washing, inline hose filter (http://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html)

oldmodman
02-06-2013, 01:15 AM
I have the bigger of the two CR Spotless units and have been very happy with it.

But mine is "modified"

I was using up too much of the resin filter media due to my very hard water. So I bought a single inline filter using the same resin media to pre filter the water. It allows me to very frequently replace the pre filter and get a much longer lifespan out of the much larger volume of media in the Cr filters.

I also use the filtered water only during the final rinse. And with a pressure washer so the volume of water is even smaller.
After I finish with the last washing step I use my garden hose to wash off every trace of soap, then use the filtered water to replace the straight tap rinse water. Then I have plenty of time to dry the car off with no chance of spotting.

HellaBroke
02-06-2013, 06:33 AM
AG also sell another version. It is not as robust but it might be the ticket for hobbyist and weekend warriors.

Deluxe Clean Water Filter Kit, 2 step water filter system, water filter for car washing, inline hose filter (http://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html)
I have this same unit and love it! Works great! Ms have terrible water and this thing not only lowers the ph but filters all the crud out!