swanicyouth
02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Found this online. Never heard of it:

Nano-Clear:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/05/jy2ubaju.jpg

There are a couple interesting and "different" things about it (they claim):

1. Can be used on pain, textured plastics, aluminum, and TIRES/rubber

2. Price is only $29.95 for 9oz

3. Wipe on application / 24 hr full cure time.

4. Claims to "restore gloss" back into "highly oxidized" by UV surfaces.

5. Provides "self cleaning" properties including oils, water, ice, and brake dust.

6. Claims to be "permanent" (their parenthesis)

This company also makes:

Vecdör VX-RC two-component recoat clear nanocoating. This product is applied with a HV-LP gun. They claim similar results to the first product but add "high" UV protection and "excellent" scratch, chip, and chemical protection. This stuff starts at $249 a gallon and includes a "part A and part B".

While I'm not running out to drop $250 on a gallon of coating that is unknown, the first product (Nano-Clear) at $29.95 for 9oz looks pretty good, especially since it can be used on trim, tires, and plastic.

Any news on this stuff??? Or is this product strictly for late night infomercials.

Setec Astronomy
02-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Did you have to order before midnight last night??

ihaveacamaro
02-04-2013, 01:27 PM
It can gloss up my car and make my pain go away?!?! :D

Idk man, at that price it might be worth a try, so if you try it let us know :)

RTexasF
02-04-2013, 03:02 PM
1. Can be used on pain, textured plastics, aluminum, and TIRES/rubber

To hell with the car, I'll rub it on my lower back :xyxthumbs:

WRXINXS
02-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Stuff like this is kinda interesting. It's an unknown but hey it might be a good product you never know.

swanicyouth
02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Stuff like this is kinda interesting. It's an unknown but hey it might be a good product you never know.

My main interest would be tires and trim - as they are saying the product maintains something like 94% gloss after 5 years.

Also they have a video of a guy using it as a coating on a wheel and then as a tire dressing